Hasegawa 1/350 N.Y.K. Line Hikawa Maru

I don't log on to SMA for 24 hours and you go and finish this???? What was I thinking!!!

Man this thing is looking sweet!! Great Finish!!!

Now, whats next?
Hahaha

Thank you fellas!! Most appreciated!!

Adam....guessing finishing some 'queens' and then a couple more floaty things me thinks!!! ;D

LOL...nice Adam!! Might have to wait for the PT...that one is made to float!! 8)

LOL...that does not mean I will let it though!!! 8) I need a good clear coat or all I will be doing is painting the bathub!!! ;D

Haha, better make sure the Boss doens't know your going to paint the bathtub... Don't want to be sleeping outside when its this cold.

Hi there... I know this is an old thread, but I've just got to say THANKS for this article... I've got a 1:700 waterline version of this ship to build, and these details will help quite a bit. And I'm tempted to try the larger version, thanks to your excellent example (though reality dictates that it'll probably be awhile before I can devote the time required... gotta make a living, unfortunately).

Anyhow, the extra time it took to take photos and write descriptions are very much appreciated. And your work is stellar, of course, much admired.

Best
BG

Hi BG!! Sorry for the late reply...that "work" thing sort of puts a cramp in the day!! ;D

Thanks for stopping by and checking this out! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for you build! I like the waterline series..1/700 is not always the easiest to work at but the size is great for display and the price is usually right!! ;) Are you planning the Liner look, or the Hospital look? I wanted to do this one up as the Hospital ship early on...loved the grimy look to her and there was plenty of rusting to play with!! ::)

Please let me know if you need any further explanation from what I put in here, either on the build/paint process or the ship herself. If I don;t have an answer for you, I know I can get one!! LOL!! I still have a few links and pics I used for references!

Thanks again!! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back