Hasegawa 1/350 N.Y.K. Line Hikawa Maru

Thank you very much spud!! Happy New Year as well!!

Just under the wire!!!!!!!!11:59PM LOL!!!!

OK..............I am calling this done! It has been a ride but I think it came out OK. Thanks to everyone who checked out the review and video review...thanks also for tagging along and keeping me company!!

Here we go!! I received AK Interactive's Naval Weathering Effects set for Christmas...of course I needed to break these out!! First off I used the Grey Wash for Decks.

Basketball021.jpg

By adding a touch to the cross sections of the boards on the hatchways, I let dry for a bit than then with a stiff brush humid with spirits, I lightly stippled the sections to blend.

Basketball023.jpg

Next came Salt Streaks (well, the order I chose anyway!!) Just above the red oxide section of the hull, where the waterline is, I made a semi-straight line (was not worried if it was or not)...this will be the salt line you see on most ship. I also added streaking to the red oxide section of the hull.

Basketball028.jpg

Next I added some of AK's slimy Grime Dark, not so consistently right over the Salt Streaks waterline and added some streaks as well.

Basketball029.jpg

Now came some Streaks for Red Hulls. This will add a nice balance effect to the Salt Streaks.

Basketball032.jpg

I then stippled a stiff brush humid with thinner along the line blending the White and Dark Green.

Basketball035.jpg

Now with a soft chisel brush , again humid with thinner, Pulling in a downward motion over the streaks, I blended all the streaks.

Basketball036.jpg

After adding a little Slimy Grime Light as a wash only to the line, this is what I came up with!!

Basketball038.jpg

My conclusion is that I am happy with the results I got from this first time out using the AK Naval Set 1 & 2.

Basketball043.jpg

With that I worked my way through the rest of the ship, using some of the decks washes and streaking effect and she is complete.

Finals3012_zpsab0df335.jpg

Finals3019_zps07e6d52a.jpg

Finals3003_zps0ec02228.jpg

Finals3002_zpse63b691f.jpg

Finals3005_zps75c974e6.jpg

Finals3043_zps05deae01.jpg

Finals3056_zps2f10961c.jpg

Finals3051_zpsc350653c.jpg

Finals3030_zps548a093e.jpg

Finals3050_zps6fd3c45f.jpg

Finals3032_zps99e3830d.jpg

With that...Happy New Year!!! Thank you for all the support along the way!!! This has been a ton of fun!!!

I wish to thank Hobby Link Japan for the review sample ans SMA for the opportunity to bring this to you!!!

As always...thanks for hanging out!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

What a work of art! Stunning mate, well done and a happy new year to you and your family!

I don't think it turned out ok, it's way beyond that, a masterpiece ;D

And a happy new year !

Thank you John and Ravhin for those kind words!!! Happy New Year to you both!! ;)

(Time to clean the bench!! ;D )

Fantastic result matey :) ....Simply stunning !!! another winner me thinks ;)

Chris.

Thanks for the kind words Chris!! Happy New Year to you and yours!! ;)

Thank you very much Luigi!! Happy to have you along for the ride!! Happy New Year!!!

Glorfindel said:
Man she looks just smashing. Outstanding work.

Thank you very Much!! ;)

steezy said:
I hope you have a glass case for that beautiful thing, she deserves it!

Thanks!! ;) She has a new home in the Glass modeling hutch!! ;D

vintagemodeler said:
Excellent work! What a great way to start the New Year with a finished model. What's next?

Thanks!! ;D What's next? ::) I have a couple of floaty things waiting to be build, but a small pile of unfinished projects from this past year! My best guess is start something and punch out the queens lying around!!

LOL....Thank you Scott!!! For the congrats but also for the chance to do the review and build for Hobby Link Japan and SMA!! This was a blast!! ;)

Latest posts

Back