Hasbro B-Wing

Greetings, Fellas
I've been gone for a bit..I took about a year off to just clear my head. When you build nothing but sci-fi, eventually you just run out of kits to build. In my case, I wasn't sticking the landing quite the way I intended towards the end of a more than a few of my projects...so I pushed myself away from the bench.
I've run right back into it again with the toy stuff. I also have a fine molds kit to start on..and even though I've mentioned my apparent distaste for the scale of the kit, i'm not exactly ready to let it sit as a waste of money on my bench. It's a cool kit, I just wish it was more than a cereal box collectible.
But anyway, Back to the Hasbro stuff, the B-Wing was started last summer, and has gone through a couple of color changes. The latest, I have it looking like a beat up aluminum finished bomber that has seen it's better days. I still need to add markings and a few blaster holes but otherwise this one may end up finished soon.
SilverBulletB-Wing1.jpg

SilverBulletB-Wing2.jpg

SilverBullerB-Wing3.jpg

SilverBulletB-Wing4.jpg

SilverBullerB-Wing9.jpg

SilverBullerB-Wing10.jpg

SilverBullerB-Wing8.jpg

I also managed to work on this Speeder Bike a couple of months ago. This has been sitting on my bench finished already but I never quite got the chance to get pics of this one.
SpeederBike4.jpg

SpeederBike3.jpg

SpeederBike1.jpg

SilverBullerB-Wing12.jpg

Well, thanks a lot to all you have commented.

I still have to add some after market decals on this along with some Star Wars inspired nose art for the cockpit area. And I'm glad you all liked it, cause this is the second time I've painted this thing..the first time was a flop..the color scheme I wanted to use didn't work with the over all design of the B-Wing, but I think it will work with an Arc-170 I have on the bench.

wow! i've always wanted to do mone of the hasbro conversions. ive seen planty of x-wing ones but you can always still tell its the toy even if the weathering and detailing is very "studio scale" style. especially with the floppy saggy wings it has...but your B-Wing is first class!!! have any pics of the entire ship?

So, I was trying to finally get some pics done..I've been setting myself up with a new job. I'm no longer in the printing business..graphic design has come to a stop. Now, I can concentrate on being the new model guy out at our local hobby shop.
Definitely, not a career choice, but I need to take a break from that to get to these projects and other art project I've got brewing. I also haven't busted out with a new YouTube video in awhile either..but apparently, it's tough to get this entire bird in on one frame.
This still needs one more pass with some detail, but that's only going to be a mosaic of different WWII inspired markings. With some nose art to make the boys back at the airfield hoot and holla every time this Dirty Bird comes home.
TheDirtyLady2.jpg
TheDirtyLady1.jpg
And while I run around the house with this chasing the cats, I have a re-painted figure I got at the flea market. Meet, Jace Ventura! The pilot that loved no single lady, but ladies loved him...PEW PEW PEW!!
TheDirtyLady3.jpg
He kinda turned out to look a little like a Rocketeer inspired pilot. Both the pilot and the cockpit still need quite a bit of detailing. But I think I'm happy with the repaint. I wanted some panels to look like they've been ripped off of other B-wings.
TheDirtyLady4.jpg

Hey there,
Back with one more shot. I don't think I posted this last time around, but I do have a side by side comparison with the A-Wing. I need to get on with wrapping up the two of these soon but I know a couple of you were wondering about the scale of the two.
TheDirtyLady7.jpg

Quaralane said:
B-Wing is frigging huge
Oh yeah..
As you can see it has taken over the table..along with all of my other tools and paints.
But I think I have finished off the cockpit..I've added enough greeblies to this to make it look Star Warsy enough..
Still a couple of more decals for this and I think I will call this one done..
TheDirtyLady8.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingCockpit1.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingCockpit2.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingCockpit3.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingCockpit4.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingCockpit5.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingCockpit6.jpg
SilverBulletB-WingInFlight.jpg
SecretAgentManVentura8.jpg

You know, if it weren't for the joints, I wouldn't believe that pilot was a toy figure

Hey Thanks, Grendels
I have two more for you tonight. I just used a couple of background images from Return of the Jedi this time around for some more fly by action.
ReturnoftheJediFlyBy.jpg
ReturnoftheJediFlyBy2.jpg

Latest posts

Back