Has anyone tried something like these???

pingvuiini

I found some simple jigs for individual track links made from what looks like brass sheet stock on eBay. Has anyone ever used these or something similar and does it work effectively??

tracktool.jpg

Description:

Single Vehicle Individual Track Link Tool for model armor kits in 1/35 scale. This tool will allow you to assemble tracks in less than half the normal time while ensuring that each run of track comes out perfectly straight. Also works great with holding the track while you are applying weathering and washes. Easy to use, just insert each track link into the slot until you have the desired length of track. Apply the glue of your choice and wait a few minutes for it to start to cure. At that point, simply slide the run of track out of either end and drape over the kits wheels. No more kinked links, no more crooked runs of track. This product is hand built to your specs and shipped to you within 3 days of your order. All of our units are made in the USA and carry a 90 day warranty against fit and defects. The dimensions of each unit are 3" X 12". Very sturdy, made of solid brass and built to provide many years of time saving service. Unit pictured is for an M4 Sherman. Track links not included.

You can do it just as easily with masking tape and a little patience, for no cost to you at all. I saw these on a table at AMPS where they were selling them and the problem I see with this product is pretty simple--they are "built to your specs" meaning that A. they are a "boutique product" so they're a bit costly, and B. the're individualy tailored to a specific type of tank, so is the average person really going to pay for a product that you may use once, maybe twice?

Perhaps if you could give me some kind of adjustable jig that would fit any kind of track se out there I'd be tempted to bite, but not for just a one-type jig.

Latest posts

Back