happy halloween yall

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
October is my favorite month of the year because the weather starts cooling down and you got Halloween which for me means horror movie marathon all month long!

Are there any other scary movie junkies on the forum? What are some of your favorites?

I love Evil Dead 1&2, Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Dracula, Return of the Vampire, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, They Live, Fright Night....etc....etc...etc.....

Alien, The Fly, Shawn of the Dead and Zombieland...

Ahhh yes the fly, the original and the David Cronenberg remake with jeff goldblume one of my old time favs

Son of Frankenstein. Still hoping one day I get my arm ripped off so I can get a fake one that I can stick darts into.

Bram Stoker's Dracula
Young Frankenstein
Aliens
The Crow
The Craft

All good for this time of year

Just finished watching Fiend without a Face, jaw droppingly awesome movie from the 50s where flying "brain" like creatures run a muck and turn people into zombies. check it

fiend_without_face.jpg

Good one. How about "The Thing from Another World" or "The Thing" (I remember watching Alien, Aliens and The Thing back to back on betamax one very dark and scary night a long time ago - could not sleep for two days after).

Even though it's not a horror movie Forbidden Planet is a great halloween movie (with Leslie Neilsen as an action hero).

Beta Max! I love it! I actually prefer to watch horror movies on obsolete media (mainly vhs) there is just something about the grainy quality that just makes it all the better and it reminds me of being a kid. Sometimes when old movies are "restored" in high def they just dont look right to me almost looks fake or something. Man, I sound like a Generation Y senior citizen or something...anyway i think tonight i will be viewing...

suspiria_movie_poster.jpg

My wife and I watch tons of horror flicks...at least 2 a week. We're a bit tired of the usual Hollywood garbage that has been coming out (the never-ending Saw franchise, Drag Me To Hell, all the bad remakes etc), so we branched out into some foreign and indie horror films. These are the best ones we've seen so far:

[REC] (2007) Spanish fast zombie outbreak in an apartment building (recently remade)
GP506 (2008) Korean film, Guard Post 506..kind of an isolated, creepy feel to this one..plus its really gory
Let The Right One In (2008) Swedish vampire movie (recently remade)
Under the Salt (2008) Mexican murder mystery with a bizarre twist..great story.
Triangle (2009) Eerie time travel story set on an abandoned cruise ship.
Salvage (2009) English horror movie, set in a residential neighborhood.
The Dead Outside (2008) Scottish pandemic flick with a really heavy isolationist mood. This one's a personal favorite.
Mutants (2009) French zombie/virus movie.

Check 'em out at IMDB for more details. Some of these movies get low ratings but they are far more creative and original than the mainstream. I'll post more if anyone has any interest.

"Let the right one in" was soooooooo good. I just recently saw the preview for the remake it looks like typical hollywood trash

Latest posts

Back