I thought I would start the 251/1 kit I've had in my stash while I'm waiting for the tank and figures for the build I'm doing for my friend. This kit will give me the experience with working with 1/35 scale figures.
It's a decent kit. I don't know if it's a recent release (a re-release), but recently, Tamiya started redoing its figures by using 3D sculpting and printing. I have always been a fan of Tamiya's figures, but I acknowledge that they were a little simple for many figure painters. But the new figures almost look like resin castings, the quality has improved so much. So if the kit is a newer/more recent release, the figures might be the upgraded ones.
The great thing about the primer I use is that it dries completely in about 30 minutes to an hour. It is rustoleum and I've used it for years. I use it to prime my 28 mm figures I use for fantasy table top games. But I do plan on taking my time with it.
After 6 days on my new job I finally got a day off. So between domestic chores I worked on my model. Got it painted, the interior assembled and the wheels painted. I did not glue the upper hull into place yet, I plan on weathering and detailing a bit more on the interior. I don't want it to look too new.