Hanomag 251/1 diorama

wjbrandel

Finally got the hanomag diorama done. definitely going with resin water effects next time, Elmer's takes too long to dry.

Not too bad for my first diorama build, but I can see where I can improve if I keep building them

Attachments

• 20210510_201429.jpg
    20210510_201429.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210510_201447.jpg
    20210510_201447.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210510_201512.jpg
    20210510_201512.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 18
Nice capture of action! I remember the Elmer's glue/blue dye technique for water back in the day building an HO scale train board. Took forever to dry back then as well.

Yep. Next time I believe I shall use a clear resin and dye it.

And thanks. It was my first diorama

Nice, I am just getting started with armor and dioramas. I like your water. I just did a test with woodland scenics realistic water and I like the way it works. If you haven't done so, check out Luke Towan on youtube. He does some fantastic videos on dioramas with lots of great tips, and his work is amazing.

Nice, I am just getting started with armor and dioramas. I like your water. I just did a test with woodland scenics realistic water and I like the way it works. If you haven't done so, check out Luke Towan on youtube. He does some fantastic videos on dioramas with lots of great tips, and his work is amazing.
Thanks for the info, but I have already seen some of his vids and yeah his work is fantastic. Watching some of those videos makes me feel like a clumsy child with the magic they can do :oops:, but they give me something to work towards :)

Thanks for the info, but I have already seen some of his vids and yeah his work is fantastic. Watching some of those videos makes me feel like a clumsy child with the magic they can do :oops:, but they give me something to work towards :)
Since watching his videos I find myself picking up stuff outside to use. Found a bunch of lychen while out mowing and I keep picking up bark, twigs, and interesting looking rocks. I just have to check it all for ticks before I bring it in the house. Ticks are a scourge from hell where I live. :D

I know the feeling ticks are bad here as well. I haven't been able to go out to get twigs and other materials for a while because of the heavy rain I've been getting and it has turned the ground into soup.

I know the feeling ticks are bad here as well. I haven't been able to go out to get twigs and other materials for a while because of the heavy rain I've been getting and it has turned the ground into soup.
Traversed the land and got more lychen, sand and rocks from the creekbed and I picked what looks like young lychen that may work as grass tufts. I ground up the pine bark I had in an old blender and it looks like a great darker earth kind of redish brown. I amazingly stayed tick free thank the Lord.

Love the look of using lichen and dried moss for bushes and grass. Never had any ticks on what I've collected. Blendering up bark for darker earth sounds like a great tip. I'll have to try that. I've also used fine sawdust dyed various shades of green, yellow, and natural brown to simulate grass stuck down over an Elmers glue wash I brush on the surface.

Love the look of using lichen and dried moss for bushes and grass. Never had any ticks on what I've collected. Blendering up bark for darker earth sounds like a great tip. I'll have to try that. I've also used fine sawdust dyed various shades of green, yellow, and natural brown to simulate grass stuck down over an Elmers glue wash I brush on the surface.
I filled a canning jar with saw dust right after I watched someone use it in a video. Haven't used it yet but I will.

Latest posts

Back