Hanging models

As im running out of space to display my models, im thinking about hanging some of them from the ceiling (especially my battlestar models)

I have some 15lb fishing wire, which ive used to hang my helicopters on my shelf (if you've watched my videos their in the background)

Whilst im not opposed to using normal metal hooks drilled into the ceiling with wallplugs, my wife would rather I didnt.

I saw some tesa power self adhesive hooks they hold 500g, but they aint cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KJMIOW?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Do you guys use metal hooks? Or self adhesive hooks just to keep her indoors happy & off your back?

Cheers in advance,

Wayne.

I use metal hooks, myself.
Not sure how well the self adhesive ones would hold up

I just used to use push pins, or thumb tacks. Seemed to work well.

White ceiling and white thumb tacks, probably not see much.

Elm City Hobbies said:
I just used to use push pins, or thumb tacks. Seemed to work well.

White ceiling and white thumb tacks, probably not see much.

I have weighed my battlestars, Pegasus weighed in at 450g & TOS Galactica weighed in at 350g.

Although, if I use 1 tack to hold up the front & another to hold the rear, it could work.

My wife likes the thumbtack idea.

Yeah, unless it was like a 1/144 aircraft, I always used 2 tacks for my ceiling hangers. Mostly 1/72 aircraft, some smaller 1/48. I never weighed them, but 15lb test fishing line and it was always lots to hold them.

Something larger like a 1/72 B52, or 1/48 B29.....probably use 4.

The thumbtacks didnt work as well as id hoped, they went in fine, but they felt a bit loose.

I did find an old picture hanging kit lying around the house & found some eyescrews, they went in a lot better & are a lot more sturdy.

12068454_978719402184496_6592302668630193960_o_zpswoulkktk.jpg

Thanks for all your tips.

Latest posts

Back