Halinski 2011/2012

Fruit

Hi guys! I noticed some of you are interested in paper models. Whether it is a passing or intent interest, I think
you may be wondering about pre-printed kits. These kits are usually of a much higher quality than free models one finds on the internet.

The Tamiya equivalent in paper - is Halinski. I would argue that Halinski models exhibit an even higher quality than Tamiya models. The fit on Halinski kits are superb, even on their early '90's issues. The graphics/print quality is of the highest printing quality - but the rivets seem a tad sized.

By the way, you can find a lot of the Halinski kits and other quality paper model kits at the Orlik store:

http://www.orlik-models.pl/

It's based in Europe (Czech or Poland, the location escapes my mind at the moment), but they are excellent
to deal with. Their english/communication skills is perfect, their pricing unbeatable, and shipping so inexpensive, protected, and fast that,

"it handcuffed lightnin', threw thunder in jail!"

Alrighty, first up is the Halinski 1/33 SB2C-4 H-diver. This one retails around $27 on Halinski's site. However,
Orlik's asking price is for an unbeatable - $17! The detail is superb, fully detailed interior - right down to the knobs and levers. There's even a complete engine which can be displayed with the cowling off. Print quality is your standard Halinski quality - an out of this world standard! If you guys want pictures of the actual page layouts, then I can post that as well.

Here's the cover page and an excellent build by Topgan44:

helldiver.jpg

sb2c4helldiver12.jpg

Then there's the Halinski 1/33 FW-190 D-9. This one runs around $12 on Orlik's shop. I personally have Halinski's FW-190 A/4 and R/8, but don't have the D-9 physically. I can only assume it's similar in page layout/parts count to the R/8. If so, then there's some impressive detail to be had in this model. An odd note is
that this model does not contain the usual Halinski engine detail. Instead, I believe the customer receives an
impressive "engine plate" that resembles the engine from a head on perspective. It makes sense, since the cowling of the D-9 makes it almost impossible to see the engine. Print quality is again, superb, and parts fit is
completely assured!

Cover page and build by M.Dostal

fockewulf.jpg

20120503165601-161075-v.jpg

And, since it's late, I'll wrap this up with Halinski's most recent release, the 1/33 MiG-29A. This one runs around for the price of $67 on Halinski's site.

Honestly, I feel that is way too much for a papermodel of this size! Especially since this model doesn't even reach the same parts count as Halinski's Sherman, and even that only ran for some $40. Orlik unfortunately is not carrying this one at the moment, but when it does, it may be worth checking out. The design is supposed to commemorate the anniversary of Halinski (?) From the preview images, it definitely seems like an excellent release. Besides that, I can only say, please check the links below to see some preview images.

http://www.modelarstwo-kartonowe.pl/index.php?mA=theMenu&wM=3&plugA=thePlugin&plugI=3&forA=theArticle&forI=1521&offsetforI=20#33000
http://www.papermodels.pl/index.php?topic=9992.msg118519#msg118519

Until tomorrow!

I clicked on the FW190 pic and viewed the close up pics :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Nuff said .

I urge anyone before glancing past ....go take a look ,I couldnt believe thats built from paper ...Stunning !!!

Chris.

Chris S said:
I clicked on the FW190 pic and viewed the close up pics :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Nuff said .

I urge anyone before glancing past ....go take a look ,I couldnt believe thats built from paper ...Stunning !!!

Chris.

Yup! It's a conjoined effort of course, the designer/publisher engineer the kit to such a high degree, and then the builder absolutely goes to town on these models!

And just a reminder to those viewing this thread, all the Halinski aircraft are in 1:33 scale. So imagine them equivalent to the 1:32 plastic kits one sees floating around on the market. The thing is, you get a supreme amount of detail in these Halinski kits - for less than $20. And usually when ordering from shops like Orlik, you can find these kits rolling around for sweet prices like $12. Remember, these kits are on an engineering level similar to Tamiya, and I'd have to argue a tad higher a level.

I encourage anyone to pick one of these up, especially since they are so inexpensive! They definitely will not disappoint.

___________________________________________________________________________________

O.K.! Next model is the Halinski 1/33 Tomahawk. This one has two versions, where the builder can choose to build Clive Caldwell's P-40B or another pilot (the name escapes me). Halinski released a P-40E in the early 2000's, but this 2012 version surely takes the cake. Interior detail and print quality are again, very high and respectable. The Sharkmouth makes this version a must for P-40 fans.

This one retails on Halinski's site for $20. However, if one contacts Orlik, I'm more than certain they can get it for around $12.

tomahawkiib.jpg

p1140193800x558.jpg

(Excellent build by Vincent - not completed as of yet).

Hey guys, another quick update!

This one is a large model, a naval vessel in the massive scale of 1:200! :eek: I don't know much of the details, but apparently the design for the Halinski 1:200 Takao has been going for several years now (4+ years?) Anyways, Halinski has yet to release the kit, but suggests that it should be out sometime during the Autumn months. From the released pictures and construction thread, I can assure you all, that this thing will build up to nothing short of a master piece. The parts count will probably be some ungodly amount, but it will surely keep one occupied for years.

This one will most likely have a hefty price jump as compared to say, Halinski's Yamato ($40). I would predict it running for at least $100, if not more. It seems that Halinski is upping their prices by a considerable amount - (their new releases used to retail at, or around $10). So if you have an interest in these kits, do pick some up before Halinski switches to their euro/USD prices.

takaocover.jpg

bd1894c1535bf386.jpg

a18fb237c6c51c37.jpg

I just went back for another look ;D Im going to have to get me some of those ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back