GWH 1/48 Fw 189A-1

Dusky

Since I doubt I'll be able to get a scrap kit for parts for my Ju 88 anytime soon, I decided to change my entry to Great Wall Hobby's 1/48 Fw 189A-1 with Northstar's cockpit set.

rsz_2013-03-08_17-33-06_183.jpg

I love those off beat weird flying contraptions

will be watching

I recently build one of these, it's a good build you will enjoy it.
Around the wing roots you might need a little filler, and the green house might have some gaps to.

Zappa

Cockpit is mostly together and awaiting paint and primer. The instructions are a lot better than most and pretty easy to follow. There are a few errors, but most of them are addressed in the pictures on the Northstar website which includes the instructions in color and very nice photos of the completed cockpit. The photos show wiring on varous areas, but I'm not going to worry about it. The resin quality is very good, but some areas could be better like the instrument panel.
rsz_2013-03-09_18-22-32_615.jpg

I went ahead and did some of the wiring. I also gave it a coat of Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer which didn't turn out well. I'll have to run to the store to get some denatured alcohol to strip it.

Nice choice Dusky. The front office PE work looks nice.

This is a very nice kit. I recently had a close-up look at Zappa's completed build of this same kit - builds up very nice.

Looking forwrad to your next update.

Latest posts

Back