Gunmetal

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hello, I have a question in regards to what people use to paint "gunmetal", for example particular color choices, brands and application.

I am building a Whirbelwind, and am looking to try and get the 3.7cm guns to look as realistic as possible. Any advice on how you achieve a great looking gunmetal would be greatly appreciated.

Paint the barrels flat black, preferable by airbrush (black primer works also) and then get a Dark Steel or steel pigment from any of the various companies that make it.

Rub the pigment into the black on the barrel, finger works the best, and you will get a realistic look to your barrels.

Thank you. I would not of thought of using pigments... Much appreciated.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Paint the barrels flat black, preferable by airbrush (black primer works also) and then get a Dark Steel or steel pigment from any of the various companies that make it.

Rub the pigment into the black on the barrel, finger works the best, and you will get a realistic look to your barrels.

I have used a similar technique; but instead of pigments I've used graphite from a pencil or powdered graphite for lubricating locks.

Jason

For Gunmetal I Paint the Part with Valljeo Gun an the next Gunmetal Pigment from AK.
T think this looks good

Latest posts

Back