Great hobby store: Hobby Emporium, Tyngsboro MA

Ian

Attention all you New England folk!

Spent WAY too much time there this past Sunday (first time visit since I happened to be in the area) and just wanted to say what a great hobby shop it is. Highly recommended! Chatted with three very knowledgeable fellows for well over 4 hours and was lost in childish glee at the sheer volume of kits they had.

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyEmporium

:eek:

dude, you should've told me you were going there, it's like two hours north of me. My good friend (another) Ian works there man.

What does he look like? I may have chatted with him for hours!

Also, it was total happenstance. I originally visited Hobby Fever in Billerica thinking they'd have plastic (I'd bought online and saw a ton of stuff 'in stock') but it was all RC! Imagine my disappointment.

He then recommended Hobby Emporium and so I drove out to find them. Lo and behold, modeler's heaven!

There's a pic on their facebook page in front of the store, he's in between me and Iain Hamilton of AK USA.

If you're logged in to bookface, or if they have their settings public, you can see it here

He wasn't there.

I think (after some photo digging) one of the guys was Larry Jong. The other guys maybe were part time? One did aircraft/ships, the other a lot of Armor (and he had served.)

I think I have visited there a few years back as well....it is just over the NH border from Nashua right?

Hmmm, probably a 2hr drive from where I am now (northern NH, look out my window and Mt. Washington is out my hotel window)

On the hunt for some beer while my wife sits in conferences all day, was going to just go to Barb's Beer Emporium in Concord, but there is also The Beer Store in Nashua.....kill 2 birds with one stone?

Wish there was a good hobby shop near me in Vermont.

Is it crazy to want to open one in my small town of Bristol?

Well, dropped in today, crap ton of stuff in that place. Didn't buy much...prices about the same as mine, but managed to pick up a set of Jaguar Israeli tankers that was on a 50% off sale.

Ian said:
Wish there was a good hobby shop near me in Vermont.

Is it crazy to want to open one in my small town of Bristol?

Didn't Rutland used to have one? Saw it a few years back when my family was on our way to Shelburne...but I have no idea if it is still there??

Latest posts

Back