Grande Digue Alpha

Now that is wicked cool! You have to feel so very pleased with yourself. Dude your stuff is going to be in a movie! I know it's a kids flick but still. There is no better honor in life then getting acknowledged for something else other then your regular work, your marriage, your kids, and oh' yeah....this website. You get another thing to be remembered for. Cheers pal. You deserve this.

God really blessed me with the opportunity. It was neat. For sure. Totally different experience than building something 'for fun' - a deadline, specifications etc...just different.

I had started a kitbash a while back. Think I'll pick that up again.

Yeah, that is great.
Those photos are top notch. You must have a very good camera!
Excellent project, and excellent execution!
And it must be a little more than rewarding to see it come together and actually be used in a film/oject!
Congrats! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dude, that's pretty sick! What is the red thing that made the hull shape? Did you just add construction paper to it?

Thanks. THe red thing was some kind of sled/toboggan piece...not sure. I attached 'FOR RENT' styrene sheet to it.

Scott, man, just stepped in... this is BEAUTIFUL, Scott, I´m amazed, no words...

What else to say... pure ingenuity Scott, awesome skill...

Congratulations :)
RG

Scott Girvan said:
Kinda dig the 'design as you go' thing too - gonna be doing that again soon.

Welcome to my world Scott, loved your build sir. Can't wait to see the film.

It can be very liberating to not have any instructions to follow, but the other side of the coin is that sometimes you have no instructions to follow? ;D
At times like this, its all down to you and if you ain't feelin it that day it can be realy frustrating and progress can be painfully slow.

But at the end of a good day the feeling of satifaction is, i think, more personal than with an out of box build.

The Nylon Gag

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks. THe red thing was some kind of sled/toboggan piece...not sure. I attached 'FOR RENT' styrene sheet to it.

Ahh, I learned from my Canadian friends after a year of working in Canada that you refer to those as a GT, lol.

Outstanding work, Scott!
And besides all the things, that have received compliments by the other guys, I can't help mentioning the paintjob You gave her- that spotty weathering effect on the hull looks extremely natural.
Any chance You would be able to share with us a couple of screenshots from the resulting moovie, featuring the ship? ;)

Was I Sleeping at the wheel ?

Missed that one !

Nice job ! and on such a SHORT Time Table.... looking forward to a LINK to that movie... eventually ?

Later.... LUCAS ! oh I meant Scott !

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks dudes.

Two words. Rattle. Can.
SPRAY CAN!! TOO COOL!!!! I love the effect of the weathering. "Your skills are now complete!" You are truly a Jedi, and have now graduated with honours.

~ Chris​

Latest posts

Back