good news and bad news.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
good news, the buick is officially mine, i have a job working as a fleet mechanic, and i got a lady! bad news, i come back home from school, and almost everything scale modeling is out of place, my airbrushes have been torn apart and i was able to save the badger, parts are missing from my hellcat kit, stuff was sat on the star wars kit, the 1/32 hasagawa P-51 is barried :'( don't know what kind of condition it is in.

however i have a build planned for when i have the time, another 1/24th or 1/25th scale Revell 1968 Corvette stingray, i just want too get some more detailed parts for it, i see these kits with really nice looking break rotors and stuff... thats what i want to do! i still want to build the 1/32 P-51 by hasagawa but that depends on what condition is in, and there is oxidization on the badger airbrush needle, hopefully that does not hurt it.

Great a Car, a job, and a Woman!
Congrats You are now part of the Great Rat Race!

What else do You want?

Oh ya Your model stuff left alone!
Do You know what happen to Your modelling stuff?

Now there are 2 rules in my house .Dont touch anything in my office (PC, modeling stuff, paperwork) And dont even think about borrowing my car!!

Great news BTW congrats on the car,job ,lady!

Dude I'd be throwing a huge fit If I came home to my model stuff in such disarray. Someone would have to answer to such an atrocity.

Love the good news! Too bad about the bad news. When I was growing up, my brother would just damage everything he could. I had a balsa P-38 with a 3 ft wing span just get demolished because he was in a bad mood.

now my job is at risk, right now our shop is in rush hour, and i'm the new guy, have no really heavy experience in a shop setting like our shop, and they are expecting some 45 trucks out the door winterized buy two mechanics before it starts snowing and getting below freezing. enplane how this can be done again without both the mechanics being extremely experienced? my supervisor says we need at least three trucks out the door a day per mechanic! how?

my supervisor today told me i was not fast enough, that if i did not find a way to speed things up, that i was going to have to do something different.

i am having difficulty affording stuff, let alone scale modeling... it may be even longer before i can scale model anything.

So....I know math wasn't my strongest subject in school, but 45 trucks, 3 per day each for 2 mechanics, that is like 7.5 days to get all of them done, I don't think you are going to get snow and freezing temps for at least another month by the looks of things...you boss needs to "chill out" and yes...pun was intended!

It's the curse of being a supervisor.....and perhaps hemorrhoids :) I'd take it all in stride. If you dont give them a reason to think about letting you go, then theres no worries. If they're just being a douche.....well maybe bring in some cookies or chicken. Angry people like food, I would know !

3 trucks a day is 2 1/2 hours each truck. Work to that goal, then get better. Tires, oil, radiator check, hose check, washer fluid, battery check. You can do it.

It sounds much like what you hear in a typical star trek show. (I am talking the original series not the next gen)

Captain: Scotty we need it repaired now

Scotty: It willtake 4.7 days to get her back to full power

Captain: I need it in 2 days

Scotty 1 day later: I have her done now.

Daniel: You just need to get into your Scotty mood and tell him four days per truck when you can do it in 2.

Kidding aside, he is just trying to push you up to the speed of the other two mechanics. Your new and he thinks you need the extra motivation.

today was better, i was flying, i was changing oil and replacing brake lines at the same time, lol! then i had a couple of busted bleeder screws... XP rusted solid to the calipers...

you can say that again, one of the drivers forgot to check his truck before he took off, i had left the hood unlached in case my supervisor was going to do some stuff too it, well it ended up getting parked out front, and one of the workers go to use it and did not check the oil like he was supposed too, and his hood flew open down the road, he blamed us for it, when it was HIS FAULT! lol!

Latest posts

Back