Golf War reloaded or: The Brown Blistering Beast

tigrazor

audentes fortuna iuvat.
H'llo there...

I remember those days when I was 18 and finally got my drivers license. And there was a Volkswagen Golf Mk.II waiting just for me. Although some say those are "butter & bread" cars, I like them for many reasons. This WIP is a hommage to those days, starring the parent car Mk. I in a bad and evil "Group 2" racing series optic - the Golf MK. II will follow later. Weapon of choice is the Tamiya car, still a small beauty and more than adequate:

stash39_zpse2ef441a.jpg

Normally i dont do cars, so this is a (very welcome) exception from the rule.

Hello Lucas, yes you had so times Written that you build the will. Well you wish a lot of fun there.

Thanks Chris. ;) You dont have some 1/24 racing seatbelts in your stash by chance, do you?! ;)

Played a bit with Photoshop, and thats what came out: loads of wordplays. ;)

Now I just need to find someone who can print me those in a good quality. ;)

Because those are mainly German wordplays, heres the translation:

-"Boese" (="Evil") comes from "BOSE", a car Hi-Fi brand
-"Bremse" (="Brake") comes from "Brembo", they produce brakes (and pretty good ones, yeah!)
-"Jamei" indicates the Bavarian saying for "Well..." - originally "Kamei" tuning parts
-"Reibach" (big money!!!) was originally "Eibach" (car springs)
-"Spirelli" should be easy: originally "Pirelli" of course. Spirelli is the German word for a certain kind of noodles. Those, to be exact:

https://www.google.de/search?q=Spirelli&client=firefox-a&hs=TKd&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=cdATU9LkK8vOygPbmYGwDw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

And yes, Gulf = Golf. Nomen est omen... ;)

Evil inside... ;)

So far the body works were easy tasks. The side line was cleaned, as well as the trunk. Ants... duck & cover, here comes the Golf! ;)

golf1-05_zps7d64258f.jpg

golf1-04_zpsaed41d50.jpg

;DAh man, I have been looking for this kit for a long time, here in south africa, thins are a bit harder to come by, I found one bout two weeks ago.......walking out the model shop in some one's hand :'( :'( :'( :-X. I have placed an order for the Kamei MK1 but it's gona take about 5 weeks to get here, and as of about 10 seconds ago, the Revel Mk2 is also on order!!!! ;D ;D ;D I actualy still own an origianal 1988 MK II GTi 16V k-jet tronic, I am busy restoring it at the moment!!!

Very cool. The Mk.II was my first car (I dont count illegal driving lessons with my mothers 1982 Mexico Beetle). The Golf is now a few steps ahead, but still very WIP of course. Works done so far:

-More sanding, trimming, paint preparation for the body...

-the painting itself. Im a little bit proud of the result: Brown in all its shades - from dull to glossy (used a nail polishing file for the finish). Plus a bit bling-bling here and there (golden details etc.)

-ordered loads of stuff, for example:

>Driver figure
>K&N filters (yeah, its gonna be a civil drag version!)
>Recaro seat
>head lamps
>checkered flag decal (for the roof)

Raaaah, I need that Fujimi Golf III - want to build my very own car. All pieces ordered here, btw:

http://www.scaleproduction.de/

They have a transkit for the Vento/Jetta! :eek: But I guess its sold out.

I got my Mk.I from here - I know the shop owner very well, maybe hes willing to order one and send it to you:

http://www.hsc-modell.ospan.de/

So... heres the news! Body painted, sanded, painted again, sanded again - you get the idea. And still Im not too confident.

golf1-10_zpsc5328579.jpg

I added a barrel here, as well as some(Maschinenkrieger)tools.

golf1-07_zps387eb937.jpg

golf1-06_zps25c121a8.jpg

golf1-09_zps36b78550.jpg

Some more details for the interior like PE pedals, data cable, black box etc.:

golf1-11_zps3cd0ce2e.jpg

golf1-12_zpsd688d4af.jpg

golf1-14_zps7ddec3bc.jpg

golf1-13_zps6a97348d.jpg

Thanks mate. The blck box is made froma revered MiniArt 1/35 sewer and loads of 1/48 A6M3 Zero PE parts btw - pretty simple. ;)

Meanwhile on the bench...

Lets begin with the color. With the help of a nail polishing file the brown was polished - that little helper delivers very good results. IMHO not perfect, though - little scratches can be seen if you dip your nose on the roof and hood, and a slight orange skin is there as well. . ;)

golf1-17_zps80739d72.jpg

Rear view. The original turn signals were pimped as well. Chromed plastic sheet back side and slight black toning.

golf1-20_zpsdd115493.jpg

Start number for the strip:

golf1-21_zpse761fa01.jpg

...and scratched hood pins. The original kit detail didnt convince me, and a complete PE fret is much too much - so a little DIY came in here. ;)

golf1-18_zpsc2353d39.jpg

The magic bottle - with Vanship color. ;)

golf1-16_zps458c717e.jpg

Two dice for the mirror - have two of them as well in my Mk.III. ;)

golf1-15_zps8220564b.jpg

Yop, fuzzy-dice are a must-have. ;)

Some decals from the 1/16 bettle and some from certain WW2 planes came in for the "Volkswagen meeting badges". ScaleProduction sent me a line, the ordered stuff is on the way - YAY!!!

Kleinkram... aber passender Kleinkram. ;) Ausserdem habe ich mich mal bei Dizzys Ideenkiste bedient. :D Die Decals auf der Seitenscheibe stammen vom 1/16er Käfer (1. und 2. von links), die anderen sind Wartungshinweise von deutschen WW2-Flugzeugen. Gut zu sehen im Bild die BBS-Felgen. An der Karosserie fehlen nur noch die Spiegel eigentlich.

Laut ScaleProduction ist die Lieferung raus, morgen oder Montag sollte das Zeuch heir eintrudeln.

golf1-25_zps75224614.jpg

golf1-24_zps6c45bbe4.jpg

golf1-23_zps0d8afdec.jpg

New stuff arrived...

golf1-26_zpsc4f0361f.jpg

Zoom-Zoom:

Mags, Radios, kit boxes... and a PS2 :D

golf1-33_zps28dbed32.jpg

golf1-32_zps36f7bf82.jpg

golf1-27_zps25d7a53a.jpg

golf1-31_zps75380bb2.jpg

For the Mk.II...

golf1-28_zps8590e6ec.jpg

racing seat...

golf1-30_zpsd71fa47a.jpg

Figure...

golf1-29_zps2d17850b.jpg

Next step:

New headlights for the Golf:

golf1-35_zps3a63e283.jpg

Small improvements for the seat. I took the original kit part, cause the resine seat doesnt fit. Good ole German HSS-drills are very helpful here:

golf1-36_zps0dea9b1b.jpg

golf1-37_zps685c23d8.jpg

And this is the ScaleProduction figure. The T-Shirt was painted/decaled with a spare decal, the lettering is handpainted. Its supposed to look like a well-known energy-drink manufacturer. ;) Exception:The "Puma" logo - this came from Fujimis 1/20 F1 mechanics. Originally those figures were supposed to be used for Maschinenkrieger stuff.

;)

golf1-34-_zps13f8a9b8.jpg

Sooooo. the story continues. With the help of a friend I was able to get some 1/24 racing belt buckles from ScaleProduction. Theres three possibilities to recreate the belts:

[1] some kind of plaster (weak adhesion)
[2] Tamiya tape - I used it here, cause these are the first custom made belts for me.
[3] cigarette paper. Even better regarding the 1/24 belt structure, but not adhesive of course. Didnt want to mess the belts up.

First of all - those are the buckles itself, with their little instructions. Should be easy. But it was a bit tricky in fact, especially the middle parts of them. Very filigrane stuff that!

golf1-38_zpsacf8ac01.jpg

golf1-39_zpsea13bd41.jpg

I wanted to recreate a H-belt with front straps. Those arent neccessary, but why not - I got the parts for them. ;) The belt itself consists of 19 parts:

-6 x Tamiya tape (2x front, 2x side, 2x back)
-2x fixing points at the end of the car
-2x4 buckles
-3 parts for the front belt connection and the closing mechanism (this is a sandwich of 3 parts)

Here come the front belts:

golf1-40_zps33574eab.jpg

...the shoulder belts

golf1-41_zps664351ae.jpg

and thats the whole thing:

golf1-42_zpsda7a95c5.jpg

SCHA-WEEEET! :D

Latest posts

Back