GMC Plow truck

Since that gun is very big it will need a solid stand. I'd put it in the bed of the truck, high enough to shoot over the cab and also swivel around to sides and rear.

Thanks guys!

I kind of like the roof mount but haven't though about the weak panels on these trucks to make it realistic like mounting it in the box... sketching up something on paper... will post a little later ;)

the barrels are 3mm, so at a realistic scale they would be 72mm. From what I've researched there are grenade launchers that use this size of barrel, so this will be some sort of prototype gatling grenade launcher ;D

Thanks for your comments!

Steve

Hello everyone,

Update from the weekend, I made a rack that fits in the opening of the sunroof, painted and glued the gatling gun to it with its base.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzIzLTAwMjM1LmpwZw_zpsbcb99da0.jpg

Painted the rollbar, front and side marker light as well as the rear tail lights.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzI0LTAwMjM3LmpwZw_zps2fe737ee.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzI0LTAwMjM4LmpwZw_zps99f96f9f.jpg

Also added wire from the gatling gun to the cab with a controller/trigger. So this is where its sits as of now...
Still got to add the antenna and lights to the rollbar. Going to be trying to weather this soon as well.

Comments and suggestions are welcome!
Thanks for watching!

Steve

Thanks Scott!

Trying to figure out what to do with the tailgate since there is fitment issues. Thinking about making a mesh tailgate but not sure what material to use. Maybe some strips of material hardened up with some white glue...

Cool truck. As for the tailgate, I would try athletic tape, it got some texture on it that fit well.

Hello all!

A little progress, tried mudding up/weathering the truck... First time using washes and pigments but I'm pretty satisfied for my first run at it.

DSCN5447_zpsc112891a.jpg

DSCN5446_zpsd27e6f09.jpg

Next will be fabricating the mesh tailgate and weathering the undercarriage.

Comments welcomed!

Steve

Great work, maybe just adding up a bit of mud on the front grille would help uniform the overall look. Keep on going.

Thank Hulk!

Giving it another pass tonight, and the underneath will be weathered using another wash. Tried cutting out a mesh tailgate out of painters tape but was not getting the desired look. Will try to get some hockey tape soon to try it out.

Thanks for watching!

Steve

Hi everyone,

Here is the second go at weathering...

DSCN5459_zps85c5d513.jpg

kind of felt like this after I was done

the more I look at it the more its looking like some sort of camo :-\
anyhow, going to see what I can do to make the roof and gun look a little less clean and add some sort of ammo box to the gun.

Steve

Thanks for the kind words guys! Still got the tailgate to address and will lookup some streaking how to's to try on the gun.

Thanks for watching!

Steve

Nice, the complete weathering really adds to the look.

Hello everyone,

Small update, I went and got some hockey tape (thanks Hulk for the idea!) and made the tailgate.

DSCN5473_zps97ffa1ce.jpg

Still going to add some weathering and other details before saying its final ;)

DSCN5475_zpsc495a4c0.jpg

DSCN5478_zpsad3ece07.jpg

Most likely will be fiddling with it until the end of the contest... hopefully I can also finish my other entry :-\

Thanks for following! Comments and suggestion welcomed!

Steve

Latest posts

Back