GMC Plow truck

Timbaux

Here is what I will be entering the contest with in the all open category. Started the kit about a month ago, not sure what direction I'm going with this but the Plow is not going on the truck. Assembled the box last night and cut the hole for the sunroof today.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzA5LTAwMjEwLmpwZw_zps18458ffd.jpg

Any feedback welcomed! :)

Steve

Cut off the mufflers

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzA5LTAwMjEzLmpwZw_zps1f6b3c97.jpg

And then the tanks... Seeing that that these half tank pieces fit fairly well together it should not be to hard to make one single tank

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzEwLTAwMjE5LmpwZw_zpse51f9809.jpg

I cut some pieces of sprue to mock up what it would look like with a little lift. Not sure if this is will cause any problems aside from drive shafts? Maybe engine angle. Still trying to figure out body colour but I'm leaning towards of in the style of military.

We'll it's been lifted... Maybe to high.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzEwLTAwMjIwLmpwZw_zps7eba212e.jpg

Next step will be test fitting the engine, transfer case and axles :-\

Thanks guys! Relieved that the rear axle will fit as is but the front axle will have to be lengthened as well as the shocks. :-\

Will be painting the body and the frame shortly.

Steve

Hello everyone,

Done a little progress last night.

f8e3a61de69b4af3dd92a7d7d410b7c6_zpse852d540.jpg

Painted some things, and test fitted the engine. Started lengthening the shocks and I have to say that the Tamiya glue works very well compared to what I was using before. Also was my first time trying putty and was impressed on how well this stuff works. Will try my hand at weathering the engine soon.

Thanks for watching!

Steve

Hello everyone. Some more progress tonight.

6fe8ed49a7452977e55723a33a27d704_zpsc9dcf47e.jpg

5a9916e82fb1f6965b49d0b89f78fba3_zps45f0db61.jpg

Weathered the engine and glued some headers I had laying around instead of using the manifolds that came with the kit. Spayed some colour on the frame and wheels, now I just got to modify the exhaust to make it fit and the chassis should be pretty much done.

Next will the choosing the body colour :D

A little more progress the last few days. We are getting pummelled with snow at the moment and it's keeping me quite busy... Our girls love it though so enjoying the last weeks of winter. Anyway enough rambling, I got the engine to fit after modifying the exhaust and finished up lengthening and painting the shocks and front drive shaft.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzE1LTAwMjI1LmpwZw_zpsabcc37bf.jpg

Decided to paint the body today...

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQwMzE1LTAwMjI2LmpwZw_zps4d2eff57.jpg

Had to stop and clean off the hood because of a paint run but besides that it went ok. Good ol testers airbrush and compressor is awful loud and shaky but it got the job done :)

Thanks for your comments

Steve

Worked on the interior tonight. Kit came with A CB, so I made a mic to try to add some detail.

DSCN5363_zpsc23dcf31.jpg

DSCN5365_zpsa10b3105.jpg

Also modified the shifter with the piece I cut of the steering column. Not sure what else I can do to make this interior more detailed? The only glass that comes with the kit are the front, back and sunroof. No side windows... This is where I believe the contest theme will come into play ;)

Cheers,

Steve

After pondering what to do for the theme of the contest, here is what I'm going to try to go with.

DSCN5381_zps2fce2eab.jpg

DSCN5382_zps05dd0889.jpg

Just not sure where to mount it yet...

Not much progress tonight, still debating where to mount the gatling gun.

DSCN5410_zps05c6ad92.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Steve

Latest posts

Back