Giving 'er another go!

ClumsyModeler

Hi, I'm ClumsyModeler. Perhaps you remember me from...

Aww hell, I've never finished a model since I was 6! :eek:

Since the last time I was active here, I got a new job and managed to piss away two years of my life while the new position slowly killed me inside. I distracted myself with my firearms hobby, but that's just too expensive for me to continue. I've be staring longingly at my stash of kits, wondering if I was ever going to finish any of them.

Well, I'm not promising anything, but I'm giving it another shot. I've spent some time this last week getting the desk I bought at a Goodwill store cleaned up. I managed to bury it under a ton of stuff in the garage. Spiderwebs are off, dusted, and my wonderful and supportive Mrs helped me lug it upstairs. Here it is, already well on its way to being disorganized before I even get a model on the cutting mat...

x40lxd.jpg

I bought these LED lights from IKEA years ago... might as well put 'em up. I'll be organizing the wires in the next day or so...

2nbu78i.jpg

And here's what it looks like with the wires out of the way and them on. I dig. Good start!

fmt9ab.jpg

That little compressor is amazingly loud. Disappointed in the $100 purchase since none of the reviews mentioned how loud it is, but I'll use it until I can afford a nice silent-type compressor. Going cheap cost me a lot of money. So stupid...

Anyway, with any luck I will probably get started by trying to finish up my Virago kit I started up years ago. Might as well. LOL!

Thanks, folks. :)

I took today and tomorrow off so I can avoid work, and I just got back inside from yardwork (boo). In a few hours I will be hanging out with a friend at the range for a few hours while I evaluate a new acquisition and work on my fundamentals with my little .22LR plinker pistol.

Once I get back, though, I'll be back in the mancave getting it ready for go-time. I will be at the bench this weekend working on the Virago! Here's the thread I started on the Virago a long, long time ago...

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,5093.msg77234.html#msg77234

Thanks, Grendels. :D

Got caught up in my other hobby this weekend after a great trip to the range - nothing motivates you like shooting a brand new (to me) pistol and putting your first 13 rounds of 45ACP from an unfamiliar 5" barreled polymer striker-fired service pistol with a so-so trigger into a 1.1" group at 7 yards, offhand. Even had a witness. Oh, right - pics or it didn't happen:

CAM00084_zpsurm84wyn.jpg

Anywho, enough of that. I'll be dredging my poor Virago thread back from its grave to ask the experts here what went wrong with my airbrushing. I'm thinking pressure and thinning were all wrong. Looking forward to learning how to paint as well as I shoot. :p

Latest posts

Back