German Pz. Kpfw. T-70 743(r)

Tanker52

This is the Miniart kit 1/35 scale. Nice kit and fit is great. First coat of paint done and also applied decals (bottom pics). Once the decals dry completely I will add a matt coat to blend and seal, then will finish the weathering as well as adding some chipping detail.
T70_2-1.jpg
T70_1-1.jpg
For comparison, I have a few photos of the 1/35 scale Techmod T-70 that I built some time ago. The pics show the inaccuracies in the scale of the body and turret with the Techmod kit verses the Miniart kit. But still this is a fun kit to build. The Techmod kit was boring without decals so I added some extras from the Miniart kit. I like how it looks now.
T70_4-1.jpg
T70_3-1.jpg

Thanks cargoman

Calling this project finished. What do you all think of the final results?

For the Techmod kit I applied more chipping using Panzer Aces black 333 to the insignia to give them a worn look and then applied a wash using Badger Model flex acrylic paint color forest green 16-102 thinned with Badger model flex cleaner. The pic makes them look shinny but they do have a faded look. I think I could have added a little more mud to the road wheels, the front ones look a little clean.
T70_6-1.jpg

The Miniart kit I think turned out great. I not sure if I overdone the chipping in some areas like the front of the haul near the drivers hatch. This is a highly traveled area though. I used Panzer Aces black 333 for chipping effects. For rust effects Model Air rust 71080, Doc O'Brien weather powder desert sand and grungy gray. Vallejo Dark yellow orcre. Then I applied a wash using Tamiya XF-57 buff thinned with X-20A.
T70_9.jpg
T70_7.jpg
T70_8.jpg
T70_10.jpg
Final pic of them both side by side,
T70_5-1.jpg
Thanks for looking

Both good looking for shure! But my favorite one is the one with the desert camo.

Zappa

Latest posts

Back