German Kubelwagon with Cold Weather Starter

Chris S said:
Paintwork looks excellent Erik ....first class buddy ;)

WOW...Blackie Lawless ((lol)) where did you dig W.A.S.P up from !! Saweet ,I still have their first limited edition shaped picture disc (vinyl record!! ) you know the one ...I wont put the title up in case it offends ;D ;D .....love it ....but feel old again ... lol ...records eh !!

Chris.

CHRIS .... Cool to know that you Dig on WASP !! I know th Album to which you speak ! I wish We could get stuff like that over here. That's a Collectors piece ! Those were th Days !! The Metal bands released some cool Picture Discs back then ... but never in America . I would see them in Magazines & long to walk into My Local Record store to find them ... but no avail ! Lucky !!

Were You at this Show ??

W.A.S.P Blind in Texas live london 86

A Great Cover of an Awesome Humble Pie Song !
W.A.S.P. - I Don´t Need No Doctor - Watch In High Quality

Erik ....No ,Alas they are a band I didnt get to see :( Oh well ,cool vids tho' ;D Yeah the picture disc is the codpiece with the circular saw ..Im sure you've seen that ;) Bummer they done release them over there !!! I must dig it out and take a pic ;) I did have one of the original tour T shirts too ...with those big offensive words on the back ;D

Chris.

Chris S said:
Erik ....No ,Alas they are a band I didnt get to see :( Oh well ,cool vids tho' ;D Yeah the picture disc is the codpiece with the circular saw ..Im sure you've seen that ;) Bummer they done release them over there !!! I must dig it out and take a pic ;) I did have one of the original tour T shirts too ...with those big offensive words on the back ;D

Chris.

ROCK-ON !! AH..... The Hay Day of Hair Metal ...... I miss it so ! \m/

I think he's is missing in action again... haven't seen him post for a few days :eek:

Dudes & Dudettes ,

Here's a shorty update.... I've started with th White Wash Camo ... chippin' !! This is just th 1st. stage . I plan on doin it in 3 stages ....maybe more ;D ... It's all in th layers !! It was shot with Tamiya White, AK's Heavy Chippin' FX , I used AlClad Aqua GLoss Clear as th barrier coat - Which is a must !!! I've heard some people use Dulcote & some use an Acrylic clear coat. There's also some wear & Tear on th lil' kubel in th form of Chipped Paint before th WW was applied.

DSC08734.jpg

DSC08735.jpg

DSC08736.jpg

DSC08737.jpg

DSC08741.jpg

DSC08742.jpg

DSC08743.jpg
This is th symbol for th WerkStatt.Batt , along with th other Div. logo - This Kubel belongs to 1s.SS.Pz.Abt. Werkstatt !! The Tac. symbol is from ARCHER & is a dry transfer & th Liebstandarte is a left over from th Wittmann kit.

DSC08746.jpg
Plus a lil' Ding on th Fender, that damaged th Unit symbol .. opps. We must vatch vere Ve are going !
DSC08745.jpg
I think I'll do a lil' pin wash in between th layers to get a gritty look

DSC08744.jpg
I was really amazed at how well & effortless this stuff is to work with !!
I wanna give BIG THANX to KEN- "ScaleModelMadMan" Abrams ( I still Dig th name !) , IAIN "Mr. AK USA" Hamilton .... & SPUD for all of th tips & advise on using th Chippin' Fx ! Thanx Guys ... This stuff ROX !!

It doesn't look like much now ... but remember it's just th 1st. stage. I had to keep tellin' My self that yesterday !!

No!!! what did you do with the camo :eek: lol

Cool update you got here, Erik!!! the chippin weathering is insane ;D

haha your welcome man. Looks like you had a good ol go of it, How did you find it? to work with

@ER - Aw .. sorry about muddling up th Camo ... But it's Vinter time in Ze Steppe & Ve need to blend in vit out zurroundings Zo Ivan can't Zee US !!

@SPUD - I love it !! I'm lookin forward to adding th layers to it ... Oh ! She's not done yet !

Thanx for th kind words Guys !!

HEy Guys ,

Thanx for th kind words .... & here's an update !! 2nd stage of th White Wash camo with a little streaking & weathering !!

Mistro ( tap , tap )

Boomer's Story

DSC08772.jpg
DSC08776.jpg
DSC08778.jpg
I did some streaking with AK's Grime for Dk.Yellow Vehicles & Added th second layer of the W.W.
DSC08773.jpg
DSC08780.jpg
I started to rust up th fender, It's a dinged up & abused lil' Kubel .... I'm not too happy with th tone of th rust, but there is a Third layer of W.W. going on th Kubel .... so I think it'll get toned down a bit with that.
DSC08775.jpg
DSC08786.jpg
DSC08783.jpg
DSC08768.jpg
DSC08769.jpg
I got th Top in on th Magic with some W.W. chippin & some streaks !!​

Top work Erik ! ..Very nice bro :) I like the whitewash you nailed that . The rust looks good too ,maybe a little more orange in it tho ' but looking well done and thought out ;) Love it .

Chris

Awesome weathering Dude! Really coming together nicely! Keep it coming!!!

Aw now were rockin. She is looking awsom Erik. Moare!!!!!!

Spot on with that WhiteWash mate! Looking like the real deal there! The layers of color come through perfectly.

Latest posts

Back