German Kubelwagon with Cold Weather Starter

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Reaction score
Great details, Erik!!! the engine looks wicked :eek:

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Reaction score
Fantastic work there Erik !! She's lookin Pukka mate ;) I like the wooden slats on the floor they came out nice :)

Chris.

panzerace007

Reaction score
schweinhund227 said:
yeah Erik ! not many pictures of that operation.....
found this and thought is was a NEAT scene...

I just don't want to move any fingers... while that U joint is spinning !!! LOL

Nice work on the Kubel
WoW ! Cool pix ! Great job on that soldiering work ! That one loks really cool. That's a definite Finger breaker !!

Thanx for th kind words !

panzerace007

Reaction score
BEO & ALFONZO1 ,

Thanx for th kind words Guys, much appreciated ! I just ordered some of AK's Chipping FX , soooo .... as soon as that stuff shows up, th White Wash camo will get th treatment . I'll get th base Camo on this week end. I'm thinkin' a Dunkel with some thin Dk. Green stripes !! That aught show through th WW purrty good .....

Stay tuned !

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Reaction score
Erik I find one coat of the light chipping is about right let the paint dry for at least a hour other wise it will come off in chunks, so try it out first on some scrap!

panzerace007

Reaction score
SPUD-N-ATOR ,

They were out of th Light Chipping so I got th Heavy,but I think it'll work out fine as the Weather then at that time during Cherkassy Pocket saw Snow , Rain Snow , Rain etc. OS I think th white was h would have become very worn.

So Do I let th Chipping FX set for an hour & then Shoot some Tamiya White & then let that rest for an Hour & then come back with a brush & distilled water ?

*side bar - I'll shoot th Base tonight & camo tomorrow. Pix soon !! *

Thanx for th tips !!

\m/

spud

Reaction score
It only takes a few mins to dry so after about 15 mins I shoot it. Let it dry and get to work on it once the paint has had time to dry. And warm water will do not that distilled stuff. As I say test before you go full on because the heave chipping does exactly that and try out how many coats you are happy with, it says 2-3 on the bottle but I find 1 of the light is enough

panzerace007

Reaction score
SPUD,

Thanx for th Heads-Up !! Didn't get to it last night. I shot th Vallejo Dunkel Primer ... Camo today , Chippin' FX & then th White Wash !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

panzerace007

Reaction score
Hold on to Your Knick'as Mate. I didn't like th camo , so I reshot it tonight. I wanna do some wear & dry brushing to th Kubel as it sits with MIG productions faded Dark Yellow. just a bit . Then I'll get to th White Wash .... still thinkin' about it .... if I think about it too long I'll just throw caution to th Wind & get into th WW ..... ???

I reshot th tires/rims in Model Air Dk. Yellow & stripped it in M.A. Dk Green ( same as th Kubel). Obviously th Tires will need a touch up.​

So .... Dry brushing on th Kuble or just Get on with it ????

W.A.S.P. - Wild Child [HQ]

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Reaction score
Its almost there, Erik!!! and we had a only a month to finish the wheeled GB!! any tally how had already rolled on the finish line? :) already done with the Air GB... and the chopper is flyin.

TRM

Reaction score
Look at that camo coming out!!!! Sweet work Dude!!!!! That is gonna look sick with some weathering!!! ;)

spud

Reaction score
Looks great Erik if it were me I would prob do some weathering now and once he we is on do the rest.

Myke

Reaction score
DOOD! Camo is awesome man. Love the wheels too, that came out so clean.

panzerace007

Reaction score
Hey Guys !!

Thanx for th kind words !! I'm glad you Dig th Camo !! I chopin at th bit to get th Whit Wash on it !!

@SPUD - I will get some weathering on it. Chip up th Dinged Fender & get th Jerry Can on !! Then ... Get on th Chippin FX & some more Weathering ... Heavy Duty Style !!

@ MYKE - I'm glad you like th Camo !! I haven't taken a tally yet ... but soon ! maybe get a page together showcasing all of th Finished builds !!

@TRM - Yeah Dude ! I can't wait to get to th Final weathering .... Addin some Mud against th chippin WW !!

We better call a Mechanic ..... This Kubelwagen is SICK !! ;D \m/

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Reaction score
Paintwork looks excellent Erik ....first class buddy ;)

WOW...Blackie Lawless ((lol)) where did you dig W.A.S.P up from !! Saweet ,I still have their first limited edition shaped picture disc (vinyl record!! ) you know the one ...I wont put the title up in case it offends ;D ;D .....love it ....but feel old again ... lol ...records eh !!

Chris.