German Kubelwagon with Cold Weather Starter

Here's a short update. I gave a lil' wear & tear to th Pan ... not that you'll ever see it in th Dio except for here. I did however spare th Pan from any Mud .... for now ....

DSC08650.jpg
Here's th Pan shot in Vallejo German Grey Primer , highlighted with German Grey ( Model Air) + German Camo Beige . After that had dried I then took AK Interactive's Dark Steel pigment + an Eye shadow applicator & ran it over th pan in a sort of Dry Brush fashion. Hittin' th high points & those that may make contact with th ground , especially during th Rainy Season

DSC08651.jpg
Next I hit th pan with some of AK's Track Rust pigment & I also washed th pan with Grime for Dark Yellow vehicles . After that had dried I dusted it with another rust pigment.

DSC08652.jpg
Not to leave no stone unturned, I also hit th mufflers & I took some MIG Productions Oil Abtl Grease & washed it into th area of the Oil Plug & along the transmission( it's hard to see in this picture , maybe it's still a lil' wet ? ) - because , If you've ever owned an 'Ol School Bug ( I had a '63 & '73) th Oil plugs seemed to leak, but once they did They would seal ! So I wanted to give some attention to that area. Now there is a Skid-Plate that covers this & I wanted to show it before I covered it.

DSC08653.jpg

Some additional weathering & th application of Mud will get applied after th Skid plate is attached & I have th Kubel in it's paint & weather it all together to maintain th continuity.

Well I'll be back soon ... Now it's time to get th Body together , add some more of that Shiny Brass th kids are talkin' about & then into th paint booth !!

Hmmm.... might be a lil' early for th Pub .... but then again .... nothing ventured ... nothing gained :eek:

The underside is looking good. I think I will need to make a trip to the store ;D

BEO ,

Cool Video !! Thanx for sharin' & Thanx for th kind words !!

I'd like to find some more pix of th Cold Weather Starter that I'm modeling in action. I can't find any War time pix ?? I just have th one that was in th Manuel at that time & it's not very helpful

Here's another update before th Kubel goes into th paint booth !! I've added some P.E. bits to th exterior, wired up th headlights & convoy light . I have th windshield taped off as well as the side windows, ready for paint.

DSC08670.jpg
Before I've added th seats & doors .

DSC08671.jpg
DSC08675.jpg
I nicked the rear bonnet from a Tamiya Kubel that was in th bone yard of th Panzer Shoppe. It already had the TIre Pump & Crank Start attached. Some scratch pieces were added to both. It's based in Dunkel , but will get repainted !
DSC08677.jpg
The prop for the Bonnet was scratched out of some spare P.E. & Evergreen strip , drilled & thinned.

DSC08676.jpg
DSC08681.jpg
P.E. handles were added to th exterior as well as an X-Tra Jerry can holder - scratched out of Evergreen strip, and from th 'Ol School a P.E. strap from Tech Star's - German Slings set ( ? ) . This will be taken off of th Vehicle , painted & then added back. It's just easier for Me to paint , each separated .

DSC08678.jpg
DSC08679.jpg
DSC08680.jpg
Th convoy light ,horn , & the retainer clip for th gas cap were scratched out of rod.

Ah Yeah .... I can't wait to sink My Teeth into th Winter Camo & Weathering !!

Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills (Live After Death 1985) HD

Lookin' Killer Dude!!! Love the bonnet!!! Everything looks tops there Sir!!! Git her into Paint!!!! ;D

Hey GUYS ,

Much appreciated. Thanx for th Kind words !! Th Kubel is being loaded into th Paint booth @ th Panzer Shoppe as We / I type ! ;D

Uh, starting to get serious now. It's coming together... WATCH OUT! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!
Awesome work
One suggestion: Place the video BEFORE the update for us multitaskers... haha!

This is so cool. Eric what have you done to me!? I've gone from constantly looking at star wars studio models to Tanks and armour!!! :p

Hey Guys ,

I'm glad y'all are diggin it !! Thanx for th kind words !

@MJ - ;D ..... One hand washes th other !! Grow young Padawon !! ;D ;D

@MYKE - I'll take it under advisement ! \m/

stay tuned .....

yeah Erik ! not many pictures of that operation.....
found this and thought is was a NEAT scene...

images

gent032-09.jpg

I just don't want to move any fingers... while that U joint is spinning !!! LOL

Nice work on the Kubel

Latest posts

Back