German 39(H) 10.5cm LeFH19(SF) auf Geschutzwagen

Big-John

German 39(H) 10.5cm LeFH19(SF) auf Geschutzwagen

I won this kit from last years BSC by our good mate John Simmons. I had made a promise to him that I would build it for this years BSC, but I decided to fool around with some big ol nasty truck that kinda got me in trouble. I guess that’s what I get for not keeping my word. :mad:

So the plan is to salvage what time I have left for the contest and make good on my word. ;D

39-Hstart-1_zps6bcd1806.jpg

Cool!! Glad your building this mate! I hope this isn't full of problems too!! :-\

Thanks for tuning in guys!

John, I've done some research on this kit and looks like it should be good to go.

Im looking forward to this build John bring it on :)

Dan B

Thanks for looking in fellas, I've made a start, but not much to warrant pictures yet, unless you like to see a bunch of road wheels ;D

Ok, I’ve made a start, Not much progress as of yet, but I’m working on cleaning up the road wheels. I can only stand so much of that at a time, so I’ve finished the interior details in the lower hull. I also have the gun halves glued together so I can start cleanup of the seam. Another area of concern is the large amount of injector pin marks on the interior surfaces of the sides and shields. Nothing some putty and an hour and the kitchen sink won’t fix. I’ll let the putty continue to shrink and apply a second coat as needed.

h39-IMG_7541_zpsb4603ee7.jpg

h39-IMG_7570_zpsc7ac56dc.jpg

Ok, I have been slammed once the weather broke and started warming up!

I finally got a little bench time in and have made a little progress. The bogie units were a little fiddly so that was slow going. I have decided to leave the suspension off until I get most of the sub-assemblies dry fitted to ensure everything fits good.

h39-IMG_7912_zpsbed60795.jpg

So here I am at the moment with a pile of sub-assemblies. I’m trying to get ol Hans here to help, but all he wants to do is stand around and bark orders. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

h39-IMG_7928_zps3523d131.jpg

finally an update, whehey! Looks good BJ. Though I would give that Hans guy a slap in the face! :p :mad: ;D

Cheers

Lol nice work there mate and nice to see some cool tracks going together for it ;)

Here it is with the lower hull weathered. Not going to do much more in front of the seat as that won’t be seen. I may add some pigments on the floor to represent dirt and dried mud.

h39-IMG_7943_zps24b27d81.jpg

I don’t know where ol Hans went, he must be passed out behind the paint bottles.

Nice work BJ its good to see the paint and pigments going on ;)

Dan B

Latest posts

Back