She's lookin' good Scott. Kinda nice to slap together a nice simple kit from time to time eh? And I agree that it's a good thing our wives don't throw out everything that's stinky and loud, alot of us would be living in the garage if they did I'm sure.
Thanks all. I"m just about finished this - worked on the final vid this afternoon.
The latest video shows the trashed spraybooth. I'm gonna build another and make a DIY out of it.
The 'monkey'? You mean my son Tristen. Yeah, he's a monkey.
You called him a monkey first! I was just wondering.
I had three monkeys. . .try working on a kit with all three in the model room with you at the same time.
Like taking your kids fishing, between baiting and casting and untangling YOU will not get a chance to fish.
I swear my middle son ran a constant experiment to see how fast an uncapped bottle of TenX7R could evaporate.
(Pretty fast I am here to tell you)
I really like the idea with the stickers as well! At first I really didn't know, what you want to do with them and wondered, where all those letters will go, but then... then I got it. So simple, yet effect. Very well done.
I actually don't like the look of the Gee Bee at all, though. Looks like a flying Egg.
Lovin' the new build. I did this same plane last year except mine was completely covered in kitechen foil for a natural metal finish. I masked everything using blue painters tape and carefully cut with a sharp #11 blade.
I have pictures somewhere of a step-by-step that I will try and find to post.
WOW The little Gee Bee Bird turned out sweet!
What a great idea for a display base, very realistic, top notch mate for so few hours spent.
Regarding the correct name for the post: Doohickys, if I'm correctly mistaken is the right terminology LOL.
Been a while since I checked in. I am really impressed by your base idea. If you don't mind I will adopt it for my own GEE BEE. For a guy that doesn't always know what is the "right" way to do something you do excellent work. I am inspired by your fearlessness. When a build goes south for me I watch a couple of your videos and it gets me back in the game.
Thanks for a great resource.
Thanks all. Funny thing though. The floor is plastic, CA'd to a pine base. It has 'rippled'. The wood must've dried out, causing the plastic to 'buckle' in areas where there was no glue. DOH! Looks like I'll have to redo the base....sometime.