Gaza ambulance 1/21 scale

Ohm

dumpsters, divers and details
Found a plastic utility van at the thrift store for .99¢. 2 AA batteries in the bottom will make all the lights turn on with a dual option switch. I tested this circuit and it still works!

Disassembly to prep for primer and paint.

Gaza-Ambulance-conversion.jpg

Gaza-Ambulance-thrift-store-score-99c.jpg

Then painting the safety red/orange along the bottom. I had to paint it higher than the prototypes because I had to cover the existing stripe on the toy.
Then wheel prep and paint as well.

Gaza-Ambulance-conversion-1.jpg

Gaza-Ambulance-conversion-wheels.jpg

thanks for looking

Lol. That's when you know that I don't actually know the scale but only it's approximation

Gaza-Ambulance-conversion-lightbar.jpg
The light bar parts are from an electronic component that I disassembled.

Gaza-Ambulance-1999808.jpg

Gaza-Ambulance-2999808.jpg

Gaza-Ambulance-3999808.jpg

I masked off the clear light parts and sprayed aerosol aluminum color. The clear lights were horse-hair painted acrylic clear red. The rear light was already included with the original toy so I just painted it clear red as well.
The insignia and placards were sourced from the internet then scaled to size. Then I printed them on self adhesive label paper.
Weathering was basically pin washes and filter washes.

Thank you for looking.

Bummer - I thought we were getting a few night shots with lights .
What a rip ! :D

You read Arabic ?
What does that all say ?

ok cool, if you're interested then I'll pop a couple AA batteries in the bottom and turn it on. And take a few pics. I didn't wire the front "light" bar, however.

Bummer - I thought we were getting a few night shots with lights .
What a rip ! :D

You read Arabic ?
What does that all say ?
I don't but I've referenced the top script nd it reads, AMBULANCE. I don't know what the sentence below it reads tho.

I hope it's all good ,, not like people who get Chinese or Japanese words tattooed that are actually saying something completely not what they think , LOL

"Code 3' effect

these images really bring out the "toy" in this ambulance van

Attachments

• Gaza-Ambulance4-night.jpg
    Gaza-Ambulance4-night.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Gaza-Ambulance5-night.jpg
    Gaza-Ambulance5-night.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back