Games Workshop/Citadel's Imperial Guard Chimera

wyoroy

My second try at the SMA 2012 Big Spring Contest will be Game Workshop/ Citadel's Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Guard Chimera. Not sure what colors or markings I will do but since I don't play the game I can pretty much do anything ;D I have no idea what the scale is. I entered it into the SC/FI group since it's not a real life armor subject.

ContestEntries002.jpg

I did a Razorback last year it's very similar. You will have fun putting it together. Go crazy, Its not real ....no restrictions!

I found some pattern ideas from the Imperial Guard CODEX book a friend gave me.

Got a little done on my Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Guard Chimera. They only thing odd about this kit is there are no part numbers. I like the plastic, cleans up well and the fit is great.

Chimera001.jpg

Chimera002.jpg

Chimera003.jpg

Thanks. I enjoy this kit so much I went and picked up another. I got the Ork Trukk ;D

Got some more work done on the APC. Most of the parts are cleaned and ready for a coat of primer. Since I'm adding the dozer blade I didn't want to glue it to the bottom of the hull so I built a channel to hold it in place. Now I'm able to slide it out or in.

Chimera011.jpg

Chimera012.jpg

Chimera013.jpg

Chimera004.jpg

Chimera005.jpg

Chimera006.jpg

Thanks Tom. When I was looking at it I noticed that the hull bottom had a rib that fit into a grove on the dozer support. All I need was to make something to hold it. I wanted it to look as if it belonged there. I think I achieved that goal.

Latest posts

Back