GT40-3.jpg

GT40-4.jpg

GT40-5.jpg

GT40-6.jpg

GT40-7.jpg

GT40-8.jpg

GT40-9.jpg

Another one of my old builds.

I love Le Mans cars and the story behind making of GT40, rivalry with Ferrari and the 1-2-3 Ford finish in 1966. This clearly is something no Le Mans freak would miss in his collection.

The car number 5, driven by Ronnie Bucknum and Dick Hutcherson, an all American crew, came in 3rd behind two other GT40s. Definitely a memorable car, not only because of the great finish, but also because of the astonishing gold and pink color scheme. You can love it or hate it and that is why I chose to build it as my first 1/24 GT40. I just hope you like it as much as I do. :)

Sweet car, I have the old Union kit of this kit. Got it back when I was about 15 from my parents, I took one look at it and decided to put it on the shelf and wanted to wait until my skills were better. Still sits there now...would like to build it one day!!

Thats a welll cool build ,I do like the GT40 ...who doesnt !! ;D, did the grilles ,rivets etc come with the kit or did you add them yourself ?

Chris.

Gold and pink together just like on a teenager girl and it's also plastic ;) But in this case it actually looks pretty :). As I had the chance to see this kit in real life I know what I'm talking about.
Cheers

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Chris S said:
did the grilles ,rivets etc come with the kit or did you add them yourself ? Chris.

I had to add those as they were not in the kit. And at that time Studio 27 PE parts were not available :(

Latest posts

Back