FSM Tie Fighters

Ozzman78

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
I just got the December issue of Fine Sale Modeler and right away jumped to the article about the Bandai X1 and standard Tie build. I have long been frustrated by the lack of good science fiction builds in the magazine, very much so by the piss poor Star Wars builds. So, I should not have surprised by the laughable effort on the Bandai Tie Fighters.

They are painted them all a odd flat gray, no effort to create the blueish haze gray color, zero detail grays, 100% one color. I can't believe they didn't bother to paint the windscreen frame, the engines, sensors, hatch details, NOTHING! Didn't use the kit decals, didn't show the interior, or the pilots, no Vader.

If this had been a WWII tank or plane they would have gone nuts with detail. PATHETIC! I wrote them a unhappy but polite letter that I'm sure I will not hear back on. I'm done with FSM to say the least.

Anyone else see this hot mess? Let me be clear I'm not a rivet counter. They could have painted it pink for all I care but come on give us detail, effort, variation, a point of view. Any off the care they put into a armor build would have been nice.

:mad:

Well as my dad always says "Don't whine about it, just do something to fix it"

So do a fabulous detailed sci-fi build and get them to print; I've seen some of your work so I know you can do it!

Latest posts

Back