Fruil alternative?

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hi folks, so I was starting to build a wish list of things I need/want for some future builds I have planned in the new year. And one thing that I need a few of is "tracks", mostly due to the fact the tracks for at least three kits have horribly warped one piece rubber tracks. And after pricing what I need for track I would be dang near $175-$200. That's a whole bunch of kits I could buy.

So my question to you is, if you had to use something different than Fruil, what would it be?

I plan on getting one or two of the Fruils, both because I have yet to use/build a set yet, and two I have a kit that I want to pull out all the stops for.

Thanks guys.

Spade ace (I think that's what there called) make some nice tracks and there cheaper too ;)

Don't over look some of the plastic tracks either, a few of the Trumpeter sets I have built have been very nice.

Also, if you can find them, Modelkasten tracks are very nice as well.

AFV-Club has a decent offering in styrene tracks. The quality is good, IHMO. Fairly stabile, too.
Cheers,
Guido

I am looking for Panzer III/IV tracks, replacement tracks for my Tamiya Whirbelwind Flakpanzer. And also I need tracks for my Sdkfz 251/1 by Tamiya. Both have warped or broken tracks.

I guess they think they've come up with something new with those Easy Metal Tracks.....nope. That's the way Fruils were when they first came out. There is a reason they went to pinning them, the clamps don't work. As soon as you put any tension on them they pull apart. Buyers beare.

Latest posts

Back