Fortress of Solitude

xenoalways

Who is able to create an interior diorama set of the fortress of solitude? Something like pictured below. The crystal console isn't necessary. I don't even know where to begin making a snow of any kind of interior. If you can help me out and you know how to make one or know of someone that does, please let me know. I'd like to talk about perhaps buying a scale model of the interior. Thanks much. Hope to hear from you soon

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4lMp7KSYhWs/TTJIdoE8PzI/AAAAAAAAGYc/5PkRXSZQ4zY/s1600/fortress-of-solitude-z.jpg

What scale are you looking for? The inside of the Movie fortress wasn't really snow. More like all crystals. I could definitely do that depending on your scale. I am currently building a 1:43 Batcave which is tons of fun but many of the molds and ways I do things could easily be used for the fortress. I was actually thinking about doing one more akin to the comic version after the Batcave. We could discuss your thoughts.

Looks like an interesting project idea. Many of those "ice beams" look like they could be reproduced with laminated pieces of styrene. Seems like once you get a scale for your Superman, it's just a matter of a lot of cutting and gloss spray. HTH ;)

Selenite wands would be one way to do this with an awesome effect. Selenite is a natural mineral with a striated crystal like in the movie. Google the Cave of Swords to see a real cave with gigantic crystals of selenite.

Yeah. Selenite would work if you want to spend a large chunk of cash. The prices I have see are pretty high for a diorama.

Latest posts

Back