Force Awakens 1/144 Millennium Falcon from Bandai

Thanks Urumomo, I'm hard pressed to think of a kit that was actually this much fun. Some kits can be real uphill battles, but Bandai stuff is excellent.

The way the panel lines are picked out so precisely and varied in shade is realy great! Along with the other details and weathering makes for a masterpiece.

I second Lance's comment! Supercool! I am getting more and more tempted to try a Bandai Star Wars kit. What would be a good starting point? I need stuff that's easy to build, but preferrably larger (my eyesight is not what it used to be, and I'm bad with small details anyhow).

I second Lance's comment! Supercool! I am getting more and more tempted to try a Bandai Star Wars kit. What would be a good starting point? I need stuff that's easy to build, but preferrably larger (my eyesight is not what it used to be, and I'm bad with small details anyhow).
Thank you!
I'm not sure what Bandai currently has available for SW stuff. Now I know they have their "perfect grade" 1/72 Millennium Falcon too, so if you are feeling spendy, most of their fighters I think are also 1/72 scale.

Thank you!
I'm not sure what Bandai currently has available for SW stuff. Now I know they have their "perfect grade" 1/72 Millennium Falcon too, so if you are feeling spendy, most of their fighters I think are also 1/72 scale.
Thank you! I checked those fighters out, but they're too small for my taste. I am gonna try and have a friend 3d print the Mandalorian's Razor Crest for me - already purchased the file. I'm more used to big resin kits than to styrene, so the build doesn't concern me.

The 1/144 AT-AT by Bandai is a great kit and won’t break the bank. A few small parts but, generally easy on the eyes (I’m blind in my left eye, but had no problems).

This one is a couple of years old, but I brought to work and never got around to taking any photos of it. It has some lighting, and is posed on a base flying low over ocean waves. It was a fantastic kit and a real pleasure to build.

IMG-20210115-120422466.jpg
IMG-20210115-120455139.jpg
IMG-20210115-120600823.jpg
IMG-20210115-120604465.jpg
IMG-20210115-120715461.jpg
IMG-20210115-120731940.jpg
IMG-20210115-120758057.jpg
Beautiful job. You really gave it a sense of scale without overdoing the weathering. Knowing when to say when is one of the most difficult things I find about weathering. You nailed it!

Latest posts

Back