Fokker F.I Dreidecker - 1/32 Encore Models

TRM

Always love the start of a contest!!

Another entry of mine into the BSC 2013...Encore Models 1/32 Fokker F.I Driedecker wengy-theng!! Again I am shooting for something out of the comfort zone to keep it fun as well as challenging!!

IMG_20130301_162254_694_zpsefad25ed.jpg

Looking forward to digging into this one!! This kit comes with 2 sheets of PE and Improved resin parts. Time to start the engines!! I will snap some pics of the kit parts soon and get the ball rolling!!!

Have fun everyone!!! ;)

WOW !!! Didnt see that one coming ;D lol Have at it Mr M ;D ;D

Chris.

Thanks Mr. S!! ;D Couldn't ask for a better co-pilot!! Now I just need to not make a wreck and actually finish something with ::)!!!

Thanks Adam!! Making some room up front for ya bud!! ;) (Your fault...not Chris's!! ;D )

Whoop Whoop !!! Not my fault :eek: :eek: ;D Are you doing the Werner Voss scheme ? ...its cool :)

Chris.

I didn't catch this one... no catchy title for this year?

Spud also entering a wingy also definitely fun to watch :D

rookie said:
This is gonna be cool. Triplane = 3 times the fun :D

LOL...hope so!! I am going to really want to wreck something after this years' BSC!! ;D

Chris S said:
Whoop Whoop !!! Not my fault :eek: :eek: ;D Are you doing the Werner Voss scheme ? ...its cool :)

Chris.

Bask in the glory being relinquished from blame!! ;DI was thinking about it!! It is a wild paint job!! I still need a bit of research on the inside and out I suppose but that is all part of the fun!!

Eastrock said:
I didn't catch this one... no catchy title for this year?

Spud also entering a wingy also definitely fun to watch :D

I have all I can do to get through this and not make it a wreck!! LOL!!! A have seen a few wingies..nice showing all around!! Going to be a fun show!!

LOL..Thanks ER!! Define...clean? ::)

I was able to snap some pics of what in the box!!

Some plastic!! :-X The Kit:

003_zps1e775b11.jpg

The instructions are very pleasing

005_zpsb374be64.jpg

Some sprue

006_zps73cbe71e.jpg

008_zpsea6bc4b6.jpg

Lovely details from what I can tell

009_zps950ed334.jpg

Only issue I seen so far is the pin marks on the inside of the fuselage

010_zps7cc5ca23.jpg

The Wengs!

012_zps2656c195.jpg

014_zps888bd3b9.jpg

016_zps7132f726.jpg

018_zps62252b35.jpg

Two options on the guns...kit molded cooling jacket or the PE jacket! (a def on the PE)

Kit supplied resin upgrades

019_zps91f865ff.jpg

024_zps715f3a52.jpg

Some bling

026_zps8596e437.jpg

028_zps343e1fee.jpg

029_zpsa3cd46c9.jpg

The PE cooling jackets

032_zps9758c620.jpg

The Decs

034_zps0b5ff3ea.jpg

036_zps75466399.jpg

Oh, what was that? LOL...the kit supplies a nice resin mold of Voss...pilot! For the contest, not being used to keep this in the Air Category.

There you have it! Time to get busy on building some things!!!

Thanks for tuning in!!!

Very nice TRM.
I always liked WWI aircraft, but have not built any in a very long time. Will be watching this.

Jim

Thanks guys!! I have been taking advantage of the contest starting adrenaline and cleaned up most of the engine parts and some cockpit parts. Found a couple sinkies in the props, but nothing a little putty won't cure!! With any luck I will have some pics later today.

Thank for hanging out!!! ;)

Great choice T. The Encore kits are a nice, good value for what you get in the box. I'm bookmarking this one...

Thanks J! You are correct...great kit for the right price! Won't be the last one I get!! Thanks for swing by!

If that figure's supposed to sit in the cockpit, he'd be fine for the build.
It's only figures OUTSIDE the craft that would be a problem

But I'm still looking forward to seeing how this turns out

Latest posts

Back