Focke Wulf 190-A8 1/144

danimal518

This is a little (I mean REALLY little) side project (Revell Micro Wings) I'm working on. I bought it when I was in Germany in March on a whim. Assembly is fairly easy with only a little filler needed thus far. With only about 12 pieces, it should be a breeze to build. I need to buy some of the right paint for it though, which may delay finishing it until later.

I've only used Tamiya and Testor's Model Masters (both in Acrylic), does anyone have other suggestions that I should try out? I'm not looking to make a switch to another brand, but just looking to try out other brands to see how they work in my airbrush.

20130614_204626_zpsa1f34d0b.jpg

20130614_204619_zpsca945a4f.jpg

20130614_204608_zps0fce5657.jpg

Holly hell thats tiny.
Keen to see what you do with it.
I used to have a link that had the RLM to Tamiya mixes, cant seem to find it just now.
Ill let you know if i find it.

Very small. What the heck is that hump behind the cockpit? Fw-190s don't have that.
For paint, I love Model Master, both acryl and enamel. I've never sprayed Tamiya paints because I need to mix so many colors together, it's just easier to buy the right colors in the MM line.

Aaron

aaron.zylman said:
Very small. What the heck is that hump behind the cockpit? Fw-190s don't have that.
For paint, I love Model Master, both acryl and enamel. I've never sprayed Tamiya paints because I need to mix so many colors together, it's just easier to buy the right colors in the MM line.

Aaron

I have no idea what the hump is. I think it's supposed to be part of the cockpit, the non-glass part that moves back (sorry but I don't know the term for it). Do you think I should sand it off or just leave it?

I'm not all that into researching, but more into just building.

yeah, the lump is representing the painted part of the sliding canopy, presumably to make it so you don;t need to mask the clear part in such an incredibly small model! Don;t sand it off.
I don't know how you could see it to sand it anyway ;)

Gunze acrylic sprays well, it's very similar to Tamiya.
Citadel acrylics can spray quite nicely but can also be a bit fiddly, thin with water and maybe some thin acrylic medium and some retarder. Some swear by vallejo air. Thin with it's own thinner if you need to. Unlike Tamiya/ Gunze, don;t thin these paints with alcohol.

Well I ordered paint today. I went mostly with tamiya, but I did buy 1 bottle of Vallejo model color (there is no model air for this particular color). I hope to get them this week so I can try to finish this.

What do you guys find best for thinning Vallejo model color? Their own thinner or is there a cheap alternative that gives decent results?

Neat little build.

I really like to build in 1:72, but sometimes a 1:144 can be fun - a lot less "fussing" about, so you're just building and painting - fun.

Latest posts

Back