Flintmobile - 1/20 Lindberg - Finished 8-22-14

plane_mc

This is the Lindberg 1/20 scale Snap Fit Flintmobile from the Flintstones movie.

This is a build I have been wanting to do for a couple of years now. I saw one at a local contest and have wanted to build one for myself ever since. I finally found a kit and it had already been assembled, but was complete and unpainted. The kit even had the paint, paintbrush and stickers still with it. With it being a snap kit, I was able to disassemble it without any damage.

The kit comes with a front and rear seat, but I decided I wanted to build it with only one seat. I found another build online where the builder converted it to a single seat and it looked easy enough to do.

Here is the single seat version that I am going to try to build.

Here is the kit.

I already started the conversion before I remembered to take pictures, which is why some of the pieces are cut.

Here are the instructions.

Here is where I am at with the build. I made the necessary cuts and am adding styrene backing pieces behind the cuts for support.

I hope to get the main pieces glued up tonight or tomorrow. The wheels will have some major seams that will need filling and I need to figure out what I am going to use to make the top.

Thanks for looking.
Mark

Re: Flintmobile - 1/20 Lindberg

Cool build ! Not something you see very often...

Very cool! Neat idea to shrink it down to a single seater like the original cartoon.

Awesome. I have always wanted this kit so I'll be watching this one.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I am making progress on this, just haven't had a chance to download the pictures to the computer and post an update. I have the main pieces all glued together and puttied up, just need to finish cleaning up the seams and then it will be ready for paint.

I should have an update with pictures ready after the weekend.

Cool build, look forward to seeing this progress

I got quite a bit accomplished (for me anyway) since the last post.

I got main pieces glued together.

You have to love the seams on this kit. It’s not too much of a surprise considering this is a snap kit.

Here’s an example of the seat before and after seam cleanup.

Here’s a couple of the kit mocked up before paint.

Ready for primer.

Primer.

I was able to get the stone pieces all painted up.

I still will need to weather them a little after I get the wood painted and get it all put together.

That’s all for now, thanks for looking.

You did an awesome job on the stone, how did you get the effect ? Looks very realistic.

rookie said:
You did an awesome job on the stone, how did you get the effect ? Looks very realistic.

I did the stone by first priming in flat black, then I used small pieces of soft foam and tapped on different colors of grey and tan. I then added some spots of highly thinned red-brown and blue. All of the colors are Vallejo.

Indeed! Great stone effect. This project is coming along nicely.

Thanks everyone.

I finished this up last weekend but just got around to taking the pictures.

I decided not to weather it, I like the way it looks as it is. My story is that Fred just cleaned it up to go out on the town or to a car show.

It was a fun build and just what I needed to get out of a slump.

Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Back