first:
-armor
-airbrush
-weathering
-figures
-dio
-water
-mud (not there yet)
.... might be missing something, but i wanted to share to get any opinions, tips or something i could change next time? tips on figures and mud please! much appreciated. thanks enjoy.

-anthony

scuptamold

First mistake.... :-\

added final touches to the mutt...

the beginning of the horror... FIGURES!

and where I'm at so far...

thanks for looking!

Steve Ski

Reaction score
Great start Anthony, looks good from here. The Jeep looks great. No worries on the base, it's happened to all of us at one time or another. I usually use a thin sheet of foam to start with, glued to the base. From that point on you can build up any way necessary without worrying about warping the wood.

Standing by for more. Cheers, Ski.

anthonyh276

Reaction score
Thanks for the support, still working on the figures :eek: i don't know how some of you guys do them!!

anthony

Steve Ski

Reaction score
Figures! No worries mate, just practice is all. None of us started out as naturals, but we sure do love the process. I would suggest reviewing several SBS's on figure painting. Then dig right in. If you have questions we're here to help you along. I'll bet most any of the figure painters here at SMA would be more than willing to coach you along, just ask, and don't be afraid to do so.

Keep us posted on your progress too, please. Can't help ya if we can't see what you're doing. I've always said this is a "Sport" of one against ones self. So keep at it and have fun in the process, or hang up the brush. Ya gotta enjoy the process, that's what it's all about!

Send me a PM direct Anthony, I'm here to help you if you ask. Keep at it brother.

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. Snow fly is coming real fast up here in the Great White North, so I'll be powering up my bunker soon and in full swing, sniffin paint and gluin my fingers together. Look forward to hearing from you Anthony.

anthonyh276

Reaction score
thank you steve, its always good to know theres people willing to help! ill be sure to come you way if i have any questions. haven't been able to work on them really. I'm hoping this weekend! i was about to get most of the body put together. coming out pretty good.

thanks again!

arohk

Reaction score
Very cool looking so far that is a great looking kit looks like it is well detailed.

anthonyh276

Reaction score
Alright here is a new update. i have changed one thing on the MUTT and the figures are coming out well! better then i thought. well its only two of them so a few more to go.

tips please!

my first boo boo, i added too much mud to his chest on accident...

added the skin color and just need to do the head, still haven't fixed the mud on the chest but still in progress..

Ok so the part i changed on the MUTT is the gun mount. the figure i kit i bought from Master Box LTD had a better gun and mount then the box had. so first modification. haven't added to the MUTT yet want to add the figures first before i set it in.

anthonyh276

Reaction score
another update! added mud to the mutt. looked up some videos and went with the most easiest way. baking soda and paint. the paint i used was the same i used for the muddy water. "Americana Raw Sienna" its an acrylic paint. there cheap paints, buy them at michaels for a dollar or so. enjoy, tips please!

Latest posts