First build - Tamiya 1/350 Yamato w/ Lionroar

Tim,
I think all the adjectives to describe this are taken so far....Tremendous feat sir! I would be hard pressed not to even paint her. Unbelievable as she sits....Well done! :eek:

TRM said:
I would be hard pressed not to even paint her.

;D And Millican will smile too when he sees that... hehe I dry-fitted the whole ship together one night and it looked really good just like it was, not realistic, but good in another sort of way if you know what I mean. Anyway, so I told Scott I was gonna leave it like that 'cause it looked cool i thought...you know... different. He really didnt say anything, but I could tell he thought I was nuts. He then took me over to the paint display and helped me find the proper Kure Grey...and that was the end of my Br'ass Yammy. ;)

Well she will look amazing painted too! Will be waiting to see the process! 8)

Ahhhh, I didn't think you were nuts, I just thought "Why is he doing an ad for Voyager!" LOL

I think it would look cool either way, and hadn't realized you primed the parts before putting the brass on, which the darker grey primer (as opposed to the lighter grey plastic) makes the brass pop.

Either way it will look cool, I just think that as good as it looks in primer grey and brass, it will look even better painted, and weathered.

hehe...well, as always when it comes the hobby, Scott's the man.

To be honest (*nice change for me) I'm afraid I'm going to ruin the thing with a bad paint job ... enthusiasm + ignorance followed by regret and shame :) <--- *edit HA! Sounds like my honeymoon! lol

With the skill (OCD lol) you already have, I refuse to believe you are capable of a bad paint job.
It's just like a catalogue for all the PE available for that kit. All perfectly applied.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Anyway, had a couple hours on the w.e. to do a couple more things: (this tub is a MARATHON :)

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg
glued but not yet shaped
IMG_0167.jpg
after shaping...7 parts per gun?

Thanks for viewing my post -Tim

Wow, there is some serious talent on this site, think I'm going to hang around

Well after picking my jaw up off the floor from lookin` at the first page, i then found the second page!!!!! :eek:.............that is just mind blowing work, i don`t think i`ve seen so much PE used in a build, in fact, i don`t even think my local hobby shop has that much PE on his shelves.......LOL, absolutely superb!! 8) ;D

Yeah you ain`t kiddin` Ian................i was gobsmacked when i saw the first page, when i saw the second lot i had to go and get a stiff drink :eek:

`Boots`

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Congratulations, Confortablynumb.

I´m astonished.

At that scale, I think that it´s required a extreme skill to fix PE parts to the plastic ones in a so neatly and clean way.

You have steady hand, almost a "precission machine grade".

Cheers.
R.

Hi guys! Some update pics...sub-assemblies painted, wood deck added:

IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg

As always...comments and suggestions welcome. Cheers!

Tremendous update! The detail is stunning! Loving the wooden deck and don't get me started on those plane!!! I can't wait to see your next update!! ;D

Latest posts

Back