*FINISHED* RG 1/144 RX-78Gp01 Fb "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern

Talen

Well..I'm glad I got my computer up and running, I had no clue the contest had started already. Lucky me I have 2 more months to finish my entry, and darnit, I will finish an entry this year.

I just watched Scott's contest video and I was happily surprised that the kit I am building also qualifies as a theme kit for this contest..a prototype. More specifcally, its the RX-78Gp01 Fb ESFS Prototype Mobile Suit. The kit is specifically the Bandai RG 1/144 RX-78Gp01 Fb.

SMAEntry001.jpg

SMAEntry002.jpg

DateStamp.jpg

Re: RG 1/144 RX-78Gp01 Fb "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern

A RG, this should be fun to watch! Are you going to paint it?

Yep, I'm going to put a different paint scheme on it, I also need to find some decals for it, since as Bandai always does with their Gundam kits, all it has are stickers

I know that hobbywave, gundamplanet and the gundam store and more sell decals for the RG's. And there is always Ebay.

Will be watching this one!

Awesome! Lookin forward to this one. You would think that bandai would start including water slide decals with their kits. The demand for them has got to be high enough. I've heard that they dont because they dont want to alienate the younger builders with challenging water slides?....sounds rediculous to me...anyway, looking forward to some progress on this. Good luck to you.

Some of the newer kits have waterslides, and I am pretty sure all the Version Ka's do.

They can also make money selling water slides as aftermarket parts.

I've done 1 RG so far and was vey impressed and have this on my wish list, will be checking back for sure.

I'm still slowly working on this, due to space and time restrictions I have not been able to crank on this as hard as I want/need to, but I am determined to finish this...4 weeks..I can do this.. :D (I hope)

I'm so close to being done with this, its not what I had orginally planned, but the goal is completion. Sorry for no pictures, just haven't had the time or remembered to take any, hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will upload a bunch to show.

Finished this last night, just need to take pictures and finalize the entry

My entry fee is paid for, all I need to do is submit when that time comes...and here she is

First full kit I have finished in years, first time I was able to finish a SMA contest entry. I had a lots of plans for this, but in the end, I had to step back and remember, completion is the goal...and I finished. :)

SMA010.jpg
SMA001.jpg
SMA002.jpg
SMA003.jpg
SMA004.jpg
SMA005.jpg
SMA006.jpg
SMA007.jpg
SMA008.jpg
SMA009.jpg
SMA011.jpg
SMA012.jpg

I was wondering if someone was going to ask, no, that wasn't a light in the head, I used a light box to take the photos in and the sticker/decal that was used for the eyes glowed like there was an LED in the head, I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Speaking of the stickers, all of the other Gundam models I have ever made the stickers have always been very noticeably stickers think, heavy and very clunky looking, in the RG line, the stickers are nearly decal quality, they are super thin, and with a little burnishing, you can barely tell they are stickers..unless you put in a light box and take an extremely close photo of it..kinda like I did for the contest. Just sitting on my desk, you really can't really tell.

I have worked with those stickers and they are far better than you would expect stickers to be. They are using them on the SD gundams as well.

Latest posts

Back