Finished Builds for War Wheels here !!

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

Once again This was a Blast ! Thanx to everyone that took part. whether you finished or not ! It's about th Camaraderie & Models !!

Those of you that Did Finish ... If you could post Pix in separate threads as a reply to this along with your handle & a short note of what you built , It would be most appreciated !!

This was an outstanding turn out !! Some really Great lookin stuff. Congratulations to those that finished ! You Rock

Don't feel bad if you didn't get a chance to finish. You can carry it over to th Armor Forum & Get it on !!

Thanx again Everybody !

\m/

ERIK

Hey Erik!!! Thanks for hosting this btw!!! Had fun dude!!!

Guess I be the 1st to post? 8)

Handle: TRM ;)

What I built: ZiS-2 57mm Anti-tank w/Limber

This was a fun build for a couple of reasons. !st and foremost, is was because it was apart of SMA!!! Always a blast. Secondly...this kit, all the PE and the barrel was a steel at a local show....$5 USD...and lastly I left this build essentially "Naked" for an upcoming show this year with the unpainted theme!!! So yup...it is done!! 8)

With all that.....my entry!! ;D

Zis-2001.jpg

Zis-2009.jpg

Zis-2022.jpg

Zis-2028.jpg

Zis-2024.jpg

Zis-2004.jpg

Zis-2013.jpg

Zis-2019.jpg

Zis-2003.jpg

Had a blast guys!!! Looking forward to seeing all the finished ones....heck, the unfinished too!! ;)

Handle: Sorien

What built: Academy M151A2 Hardtop with trailer

Notes: This was my first non-wargamming model in at least 15 years, and my first ever foray into photo etched parts. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun along the way.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yup this was great, I built my second ever armour model, first base and first time painting a 1/35 figure. I learned a lot and couldnt have done it without the help of the guys here!
It depicts my grandpa in france on his bsa, I'm sure he would have been happy with the way it turned out.
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1438.jpg
IMG_1452.jpg
(still waiting for the wooden base to come through the post to completely finish it off)

Here's NecronautDrummer's build...

P2280729.jpg

This is a Cougar AVGP from Trumpeter in 1/35 scale. It was a fire support vehicle based on the Swiss MOWAG chassis and an Alvis Scorpion Turret. It entered Canadian Forces service in 1978, and was retired from service in about 2006 (I think).

I added and redid a few details on the kit (driver's hatch lock, chassis tie-downs, lowered the engine grille, pioneer tool tie-downs, etc). A very enjoyable kit, made even better by everyone here on SMA!

P2280726.jpg

P2280724.jpg

Happy modelling! ;D

Handle: jdog71
My unfinished Quad Gun Tractor..warts, snapped off sideview mirrors and all... ::) This one got away from me in many ways. It was a fun build, but I lost focus about 3/4 of the way through. I ended up weathering it a bit more but these were the last pics I took before that.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Thanks a bunch for hosting Erik!! And thanks to SMA for sponsoring the War Wheels GB, it was a lot of fun!

fumblethumbs
1/35 Dodge WC 54 Ambulance by Italeri
Flawed but fun!

DSC02827.jpgDSC02823.jpgDSC02826.jpgDSC02814.jpg

Eastrock

1/35 Academy M1025

Build this one OOB even though a lot of fitting issue... still manage to hide most of it.

Thanks SMA for the Wheels GB!!!

Ffront.jpg
Fside.jpg
Fback.jpg

all these builds are out standing but my fav is ft Ambulance, Congrats guys

All fantastic builds fella's ,and well done to everyone ,sorry I didnt get time to finish myself ,but big up to all that did ....well done ;)

Chris.

Handle: Myke

Kit: Trumpeter 1/35 M1127 Stryker

Build: Mostly OOB with the exception of wiring added to the smoke dispensers and front lights, and the addition of AFV's Anti Reflective Coating Stickers for Styker family of vehicles.

Finish: Vallejo primer, Tamiya body color, AKI filter, wash, and rain streaks. Flory Models wash, and mig pigments for the undercarriage and wheels.

IMG_20120225_002732.jpg

IMG_20120225_002746.jpg

IMG_20120225_002853.jpg

IMG_20120225_002909.jpg

IMG_20120225_003030.jpg

Thanks for having the GB PA007. Looking forward to building my second piece of armor soon.

Great job everyone! Some amazing kits completed here.

Hmmm, seems I need to learn to read instructions better. :p

handle: Carsenault
what I built: 1/35 Trumpeter LAV-III with Black Dog stowage set.
Notes: I really enjoyed this build, glad Trumpeter is stepping up and supplying us with some great CDN military subjects. This was my first use of weatehring pigments, and I have a bit moreto learn there, still I am very satisfied with the results. The Stowage set was really the icing on the cake, and I surpassed my expectations of how it would all look. Cheers all.

Carsenault said:
Wow, great work so far guys!

here's my LAV-III

043-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

047.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

I'll also like to send my thanks for hosting this group build Erik, it was very enjoyable. It was a really cool challenge working within a set theme, so next time there's a group build count me in!

Handle: Leighbo
What I built: Hobby Boss M706 armoured car on a scratch built jungle base
Notes:
This is the first non WW2 armour build I have done and I really enjoyed the process. The Hobby Boss kit is a really nicely detailed and sharpy molded kit that I would highly recommend.
I had some doubts about the Academy figures as they were very cheap to buy, but they were again well detailed and I think turned out well.
The jungle base was a challenge at times and tested my skills as most of it was scratch built, but it was fun and I also learnt a lot that's stored away for future projects too. What more can you ask!

Thanks again my friend

IMG_9017.JPG

IMG_9028.JPG

IMG_9031.JPG

IMG_9047.JPG

Latest posts

Back