Finemolds Slave 1 complete!

zaktwist

Hi guys, just finished my Slave 1,the first model that I've actually completed in years and my first post here on SMA, hurrah for me! Thanks for looking :)

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0573.jpg

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0581.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

eh up buddy,
r kid`s got a slave one on the go but he`s not to sure of the paint`s to use,can you let us know which/want paints ya used please mym8 and i`ll pass it on to him!cheers dude bloody good job on your`s the whole thing from lightin to paint looks sweeeeeet....cheers peza

peza said:
eh up buddy,
r kid`s got a slave one on the go but he`s not to sure of the paint`s to use,can you let us know which/want paints ya used please mym8 and i`ll pass it on to him!cheers dude bloody good job on your`s the whole thing from lightin to paint looks sweeeeeet....cheers peza
Thanks for the compliment chap! Regarding the paints, I used gunze mr color laquers and mixed them using just primary colours to match ref pics of studio model so I cant really remember exact mixtures im afraid. I did however use gunze grey green 128 straight out of the bottle as its seems an almost exact match for the light beigey, grey green on studio model. Most of the tonal differences were achieved when weathering with the usual oil paints (umber,black,ochre and oranges etc). Also worth mentioning that I used humbrol flat acrylic varnish which I decanted from can and sprayed after oils had been applied, then did another round of weathering with oils (gives a different kind of effect) and chalks then sealed again with varnish. Its very matt and dusty looking but that's how studio model appears to me! I would also say to ignore the Tamiya paints that finemolds recommends as they are quite inaccurate, to my eyes anyway! Hope that helps ya m8 :)

Beautiful job on this model. I love the color selection, your right about the grey green color looks perfect. Nice
and gritty like it 's been used. Love the lighting.

Latest posts

Back