[FIN] Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk. 1 and Pegasus Spitfire Mk. 1

Re: Battle of Britain - Air Superiority: Nerd Herd Group Build

YAY! Scott fixed my problem of not seeing the pics. They look great Jmac!

JMAC, very,very nice man. Be sure to email these with a description for the gallery.

Thanks Scott, I really appreciate the positive comments. It was really nice to do the group build here with the guys (even if I was a little sporadic in keeping to it)...some support, and suggestions from the others – that made it easier to finish. All too often I start and then the build lingers.

For the gallery do you want any particular image size?

800 x 600 is perfect.

Re: [WIP] Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk. 1 and Pegasus Spitfire Mk. 1

DreamKnight said:
YAY! Scott fixed my problem of not seeing the pics. They look great Jmac!
Thanks DK. I missed your post earlier on. I'm very happy with the way they turned out. My first 1:48 builds.

2 quick questions:
What did you do to the panel lines?
Did you use laser cuts masks or something?

Thanks. I have the Revel Spitfire. Raised panel lines. I should get the Tamiya one for my build. Another $35. I bet the detail is waay better though. True? That was 3 questions I guess.

I did not do anything really crazy. Just camo, gloss, line wash, ink streaks, flat, chalk, flat. Next time I think I will try pre/post shading the panels - have not (successfully) tried that just yet.

Scott - I sent you a message with more details on the proceedure, but basically that's it.

I loved the Tamiya kit, I actually just bought a second one because I enjoyed it so much and learnt alot on this build. But I was also very pleased with the way the Pegasus kits turned out. They provided a good chance for me to test out techniques. Give the Revell kit a chance, It would be cool to see some rescribing and scratching (esp. if it's a downed fighter), and save the Tamiya kit for an uncrashed condition...Just my thoughts. :)

Latest posts

Back