Fillmore the VW Apocalypse Van

Jeeves

Won't enter into the contest since I haven't started anything yet and don't want to rush...but I figure if you are fighting in the Zombie Apocalypse, it might be a good idea to live, eat, and sleep on the move...so what better way to do it:
vw.jpg

Trying to get the tanks and planes off my bench so I can dive into this one!

Ooooohhh! Cool platform. Hadn't thought of that one. I'm just starting a zombie build too. I will be watching your progress. Have fun with it.

Hmmmm.. Nasty zombie fighting Beetle there. :) Well I have to admit my plan is to use a Beetle.....or at least a portion of one. Once I get started I'll start my own build thread. Great stuff guys!

Thanks guys! Making a little progress on the camper...opened up some cabinet doors...have to add some styrene detail inside and try to plan out what types of goodies I want to add inside...man there are not a lot of accessories in 1/24 or 1/25, are there?

Got my cabinets sectioned out inside...need to sand the edges of the doorways a bit and then try to create stuff to go inside...
007~37.jpg
008~31.jpg

Not ever having owned a camper, I imagine the outsides of these would be sort of faux wood...but what about the inside colors?? Any help is greatly appreciated!

More work done...

First up is the office area ;) waaay too clean- but its a start-
003~49.jpg

The engine-- also way too clean-- want to add much more detail in hoses and the like but am still trying to find good reference pics...
004~42.jpg

And lastly-- my work on the cabinets after some oils...
005~45.jpg

Well...the kit tires had to go as they were not exactly the type you'd take hunting zombies...I've got these resin ones inbound:
231126323281_1.jpg

And I decided to go for tricking out the engine...although it may not match up exactly to specs, us Zombie Hunters got to improvise in order to get the vehicle in running order-- so I went with having the battery and washer fluid tank in place and visible even though the placement is off:
002~42.jpg

Thanks guys...taking a little break until I get those tires and then we'll start putting everything together

Bit of an update-- I stripped out a few items from the Italeri Jeep kit I bought-- couple rifles. a Jerry can, and some tools. Still trying to figure out what sorts of things to litter the inside area with since I have never really officially hunted zombies. I did scratch build a flashlight which is currently drying...but trying to figure out other things to add....
004~48.jpg

ROFL!

What the heck is that?! :D Seems theres loads of Volkswagen here suddenly. Didnt knew that this kit even exists. Very cool so far, Ill watch closely.

Latest posts

Back