"fifi" sighting.

whiskee

So today at work I was driving down interstate 20 in Dallas, tx and spotted an unusual aircraft in the distance. wasn't sure what to make if it at first, looked like a 737 with long wings and four engines. then as it got close I realised i was seeing a real life b-29 flying directly above me!!! What a treat!! Unforuntaly I could not hear much besides the roar of my trucks Detroit diesel, I i missed that sound..but just seeing a b-29 in the air was amazing!

THAT would be so awesome.
Reminds me of the time, a friend of mine were on the shore of the Columbia River, and saw a B-17 fly low over, and land at the Kelso airport. SO, we ran to the car and raced over and crawled all over it.....as close as they'd let us. ;)

This Saturday when I got home from Lunch I heard a pretty loud jet in the sky looked up and saw this:

20110917_28.jpg20110917_33.jpg20110917_35.jpg20110917_41.jpg20110917_64.jpg

I would say he was about 500 ft off the ground. Pretty rare sight here in College Station. Not an airport for miles he can land at.

Not as cool as the B29.....

ModelMakerMike said:
Yeah, Grend, I betcha it was loud!!!!
;D

It was..... That is how I knew it was there. It was doing a fly over for the Texas A&M home football game that weekend. Passed over my house three times.

Latest posts

Back