FF-X7 Core Fighter 1/35

steezy

SANY0436_zpse9c1e937.jpg

SANY0435_zpsb03d2285.jpg

SANY0434_zps29c6e394.jpg

I didn't know what this was....looked it up on google......... :eek:........it looks cool!

J

Jaitea said:
I didn't know what this was....looked it up on google......... :eek:........it looks cool!

J
Google knows what we don't and google does what we won't ...LOL
;)
I was quoting an obscure 80's song.

hehe I noticed the stock was getting low on HLJ. Good thing I bought it when I did. Can't wait to get into this build and see what's possible. I'm thinking lighting, but need to get into the assembly to see how difficult it'll be, and if I can do it.

May Restock:
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN967077/Gun

Looks like a fun kit. Don't worry about it being an air plane, just remind yourself that this is the core of the RX-78 and you will be fine. It doesn't have the normal paint scheme of an air plane so you should be fine.

Thanks guys!

@Grendels yeah All I've ever built has been gundam so that's what I know best. Sort of at a lose at how to approach most parts of this kit, but I'll work through it ;D

First things first, figuring out if it's possible to put a few leds in this kit.

These are the lights on the wings... I'm sure those have a name, but don't know it.

The most feasible way to do this would be to recast that part in clear resin. So using some silicone putty, I made a quick mold.

Did several of different depths to try.

Some careful soldering of 0404 led...

hmm there seems to e something wrong with the resin....

Sorry to end on a cliff hanger. It's sure to work, but will likely take some trial and error to get it right. Just need some new clear resin.

Quaralane said:
Certainly ambitious to try lighting this

or a bit crazy ;D

The crafts store didn't have the jewelry resin I was looking for, but they had this. So I thought I'd give it a try. It actually works ver well, but it'd be nice if it dried a little harder. But, for what I'm doing a little flex it probably a plus.

First up is this light.

Didn't listen to the little voice in my head that was saying, "wait, are you sure you need to cut this?"

Because I didn't ned to. It fits well, and with a little trim and epoxy it's a perfect fit.

Just need to work out the strobe.

ModelMakerMike said:
Looks like whatever it is you're doing is working out very well. Keep it up!!!
;D ;D ;D

lol Thanks!

Grendels said:
Good work! Lighting up the wing tips will really add to this kit.

I hope so. It's a lot of extra work for just a few lights though.

Latest posts

Back