Father and Son Entry

hilld

I asked my son to join in on the BSC this year. He is just completing a '68 Vette and has a Batmobile he has been itching to start. I am amazed he was able to hold off until today. The Batmobile is from Polar Lights and is very cool. It will be his second build ever!

I am going to build Academy's 1/48 F-16C Flying Falcon. I knew I wanted to do a jet but I had a tough time deciding on which one. I always liked F-16s so this model won out.

Good luck to everyone. Enjoy your builds!
photostream

photostream

Looking forward to see the good ol Batmobile come to life again and good luck with the F16 as well hild.

I opened up the F-16C and read some online reviews. Seems that it is a good kit but lacking in cockpit detail. I looked around and found an Aries cockpit for the Falcon at Lucky Model. I hope the delivery time is as advertised. I'm crossing my fingers.

I have a decal question for my F-16C. I have read more than once that Academy decals are not easy to work with and can silver badly. Has anyone had experience with Academy decals good, bad or otherwise? I like the Razorback scheme that comes with the kit but there are some great aftermarket sets available. http://modelingmadness.com/decals/decals%20F/f16.htmOpinions please.

didn't encounter any problems with the Academy Decals... Just what I did on the Academy raptor.

hillv decided he wanted to finish his 68 ' Vette before tackling the Batmobile. Mission complete! As I mentioned this was his first build. He did an awesome job on the airbrush (Yellow is not an easy colour). Today the Batmobile heads to the Bat Cave for a primer coat!

The vette looks wicked sick, Hill V!!! great job, looking forward with the Bat!! :D

Lovely build - send my congratulations on a job well done to your son!

Spectacular finish!

It looks like I may be waiting a bit until the cockpit upgrades arrive for the F-16. I thought I better get at what I can get at. Job #1 is tackling the seams in the arms and fuel stores. I used Mr. Surfacer and a whole lot of sanding on these tanks. I have painted them a dark grey and will be hitting them with light ghost grey later. I will chip off some of the LGG to reveal this darker grey.

Wow, it's been a while. I've been doing a bit of work on the Falcon and now it's time to get serious. Work has been a pain but we are back and ready to go. In the video you will see the resin kit I got for this build. This is a first for me. I did a bit of photo etch for the last contest but the cutting and fitting of this cockpit is a bit intimidating for a first timer. Here goes...

F-16 Update

That vette looks great! He did a very good job!
I am waiting to see how he does with the Batmobile!

Vette looks really good.
Cockpit on that F-16 looks like it'll be really sharp once installed.

One small critique on the video:
You might want to see if you can either boost your voice volume, or turn down the background music a little.
It was hard to make out what you were saying at times.

Very nice work on these, though

Thanks Q. I did the editing at Youtube. There are not a lot of controls. I probably should have just left the music out. I was trying to embed the link myself. I have done it before. What did you do to get it to show up? I could not get it to embed.

It's been awhile but I am trying to push to the end on the F-16. Progress has been slow and I have serious doubts if we will make the deadline but we will forge ahead.

Cockpit is complete. I was pleased with the detail and how everything turned out. This was my first resin cockpit.

We did manage to fit the tub in which required more cutting than I thought.

The fuselage and wings went together well except for two big gaps at the wing root. I filled them with styrene and will be using Mr. Surfacer 500 to smooth them out.

I seem to have a long way to go. If I can paint this weekend we may just get to the finish line.

Latest posts

Back