FAR T-33A 1961-1/48 Academy

Thanks, I have the fuselage together with 17 grams of weight in the nose. I can't figure why Academy left a gaping see through hole behind the 2nd pilots seat by the headrest. I saw a build elswhere and the modeler blanked it out with card stock. Also I don't think the back seater's seat is going to fit with the ejection rails on the seat. They made the rear seat area much smaller than the front. This should be interesting. See 2nd picture below for an explanation.
T33 9.JPGT33 11.JPG

Here is a picture showing the seats in without the ejection rails or headrests in. The front seat area has room the rear is very questionable.
T33 12.JPG

What's "wordy"? Is that like "shirty"?
Sure, I held back explanation and opinion on a possible and obvious choice for a material to be used as a filler or to build a separation of a gap inherent to the fault of this model due to poor engineering by the manufacturer.

Some of the Academy kits are complete shite as well. The 1/48 F-16 comes to mind. That sucker flew right into the trash not even half way through. Hopefully that gap is the only issue with this one

*edit*

I just looked this kit up. It is actually the old HobbyCraft kit from 1991. So a reboxing on Academy's part.

Latest posts

Back