F6F-3 Hellcat

Jim62

Just wrapped up this Hellcat. It's the Hobby Boss kit and was not to much trouble other than some poor fit on the underside of the wings. Fortunately I put my builds on a base so the issue is not visible.
Like all my builds this is OOB. I use Tamiya Acrylics and what little weathering I do is done with painting techniques, pastels, and colored pencils. All the markings are painted on using masks I cut out on a cricut machine. I got tired of never knowing if I could trust the kit decals and painting them is more fun anyway.

I did the base as well and ground out the individual boards with a dremel tool just to give me a flight deck look. Far from correct and many errant grinds but it works for me on my shelf LOL. I colored it up with some pastels with a little deck tan and thinned down red brown tamiya paint.

Attachments

• DSCN2679.JPG
    DSCN2679.JPG
    735.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN2680.JPG
    DSCN2680.JPG
    944.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2682.JPG
    DSCN2682.JPG
    860.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN2686.JPG
    DSCN2686.JPG
    917.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN2687.JPG
    DSCN2687.JPG
    903.1 KB · Views: 26
Really nice Job! Thank you for sharing such a fine example of this fighter. And working for you is all that counts.

Nice finish, both the model and the base! Even if you hadn't tried to depict the planks, I thought it looks like a piece of the decking, which would be such an appropriate base.

Nice finish, both the model and the base! Even if you hadn't tried to depict the planks, I thought it looks like a piece of the decking, which would be such an appropriate base.
Thanks I think I get as much fun out of making the bases as building the model. Keeps me from handling the darn things as well.

y9biijT.jpg

Latest posts

Back