F101 Voodoo...can you spot my fatal error?

phoenix

I built this over a year ago, and made a fatal error...see if you can spot it? I'll give you a hint...I built it as an Air Force model, with A.F. decals, but there's an extra part that the Air Force doesn't utilize (at least not to my knowledge...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maybe the search light visible in the last photo? Looks great regardless, the F-101 is a sharp looking aircraft.

I always thought the Navy was the only ones who used the hook? Either way, I preferred the hook over the random hole Revell left there. I think it adds a little detail that makes people look closer.

Oh...that's cool. I bought the model because it was on clearance, and now I love those jets...I love the look of them. But, as with any model I build, I built it to make me happy, not be "correct". I was so happy when it was done....I built this with Testors glue...long before I discovered my awesome CA glue. Never Testors glue again unless I need to make chunky stuff that doesn't stick.

Testors Tube glue?

Much better options for Styrene glue out there without having to resort to CA.

CA is great for bonding PE, Metal barrels, or Resin to themselves or plastic....but for straight Styrene to Styrene bonding, not much beats Tamiya Regular Liquid Cement, or Tamiya X-Thin Liquid Cement.

CA will work, but it actually doesn't bond the 2 parts together, just creates a bond between the 2 parts, where as styrene cement actually welds the 2 parts together making it one part. Much stronger as the bond with CA is fairly brittle to shear strength.

Don't get me wrong, CA has it's uses, but if you are just bonding styrene parts, a styrene glue works best.

Latest posts

Back