F1 Prediction Game 2013 season

yea i bet if Vettel wasn't such an ass he would have stayed put

Id say Seb is less than 20% of the reason he is leaving, even without seb i think he would be leaving red bull.

The new engines/regulations next year make it interesting for teams, do they want drivers they know in the new cars or are they willing to deal with new drivers and a new car.

I think it's about time Lewis won a race for his new team.

1. Ham
2. Rai
3. Vet
4. Alo
5. Ros
6. Web
7. Gro
8. Mas
9. But
10. Ric

Hello Chaps

Scores so far

GAG 173
IGD 147
WEB 129
SPD 116
HOT 84

Spud missed last race so did Hooters
Nothing so far from them either

My top ten for Germany

1. HAM
2. VET
3. ALO
4. RAI
5. ROS
6. WEB
7. RIC
8. BUT
9. DIR
10. SUT

Enjoy the race boys

Gag

The Nylon Gag said:
Scores so far

GAG 173
IGD 147
WEB 129
SPD 116
HOT 84

Come on guys, we can't let Gags pull away at the top of the leaderboard. He's the Sebastien Vettel of this forum, we all know it. ;D

Look over there ==>>
No further over where you will forget to put in predictions for the next couple of races

;D

At least Romain is being paid, unlike poor Hulkenburg, how he must be kicking himself for moving from Force India to Sauber, which at the time didn't seem like and awful decision.

yeah, indeed ;D

a pitty though, Sauber is a name which is there for a long while, and would be a shame to see them disappear like this....

Romain...still not sure about that guy, he sure can drive generally, but some serious mess ups as well from time to time...

Cheers

Hello Peeps,

I just had a thought about the scoring.

As a few people have missed a few races I want to propose a new scoring system that gives everyone a fair chance.

We can divide the total scores by the number of races that you made predictions for to give you an average.

Because Hooters has missed a few and Spudly also and I think Igard missed 1, i can't remember off the top of my head I'll have to check my notes.

I'll tell you why I want to do this, I had a message from Hooters today saying basically, that he would be dropping out of this years competition because life has got in the way for him a bit lately, as it does for all of us from time to time, and he would re-join next year also because he had missed a few races and thought he could never catch up again.

He also said how much he had enjoyed playing the game so i thought what a shame it would be to loose one of the boys so how can I make it competitive for everyone no matter when you join the game or if you miss the odd race and also so Wouter or anyone else can join the fun mid season if they want and still have a chance.

To me its not about the winning or losing its about sharing my passion for F1 with like minded folk from around the world and at the end of the day I just want everyone to have fun and enjoy ourselves ;D

What do you guys think?

Gagsterman

Not a silly idea at all, maybe a small deduction for missing a race but overall it seems fair.
One of the other prediction leagues im in will use your previous weeks picks then take 20% off ya score, but that still wont work for those joining mid season.

That sounds really good! I'm all for that. :)

Toe, I can confirm that I've missed no races this year.

Igard said:
That sounds really good! I'm all for that. :)

Toe, I can confirm that I've missed no races this year.

Yes, sorry mate i was at work when i posted that, i've just checked all the scores, i must be thinking of last year ;D

If you work the scores how i said this is how it looks

GAG 173pts / 9 races = 20.777
WEBBY 149pts / 8 races = 18.625
IGARD 169pts / 9 races = 18.777
SPUD 116pts / 6 races = 19.333
HOOTERS 84pts / 4 races = 21.000

So, as you can see that changes everything, it's more like F1, it means every single point can make a big difference and you have to be consistent through-out the year to win.

Realy so far its just between me and IGARD because we've done every race this year but with the new scoring method it means everyone has a chance no matter when they join.

Gag

Hey guys. Sorry about missing a few races and thanks for your understanding, but Im hoping to make the rest of the races now from here on out. Even if I don't get to visit the forum as much as Id like, Ill still try to get my picks in. Im hopen to be a bit more active again here on the forum as Im getting things sorted out here on the homestead. This sport is taking some crazy curves this year and into next but we will survive.

Afternoon Folks,

Welcome back Hooters, great to hear things are getting better for you.

And to everyone else,
with the new scoring anyone can still win so join the fun, no fees just give us your top ten for Hungary and you will be in the race with me, GAG (The Nylon Gag), IGD (Igard), SPD (Spud), WEB (WebbyNZ) and HOT (Hooterville75) for the SMA F1 Prediction Champion of 2013.

My top ten for Hungary

1. VET
2. RAI
3. ALO
4. HAM
5. WEB
6. GRO
7. MAS
8. BUT
9. SUT
10. RIC

Enjoy the race everyone

Gag

Hey Hooterville, good to have you back!

Now, at the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I think it's about time Lewis won a race for Mercedes.

1. Ham
2. Vet
3. Alo
4. Ros
5. Web
6. Rai
7. Gro
8. Mas
9. Ric
10. Sut

Poor Mark Webber. Really feel for the guy. Get your act together, Red Bull.

4 week gap between Hungary and Belgium. :-X

Let's hope it's a good Hungaroring to see us through the break.

Igard, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated buddy. I'm not really big on quitting anything once I start something but there's times where you just have to say the heck with it. If I were Webber I wouldn't really even care anymore. I feel for the poor lad. Total ignorance on Red Bulls part. I think more so Horner then anyone else within Red Bull. I really don't have much time for that chap. His tactics are becoming pretty visible that its becoming blatant ignorance towards Webber. Just my honest opinion. I think your right and Hamilton is due for a win. Hes the returning winner from last year. Im setting here looking the starting grid over determining my picks as we speak. GOing to be posting them here in a half hour or so.

The Nylon Gag said:
Afternoon Folks,

Welcome back Hooters, great to hear things are getting better for you.

And to everyone else,
with the new scoring anyone can still win so join the fun, no fees just give us your top ten for Hungary and you will be in the race with me, GAG (The Nylon Gag), IGD (Igard), SPD (Spud), WEB (WebbyNZ) and HOT (Hooterville75) for the SMA F1 Prediction Champion of 2013.

My top ten for Hungary

1. VET
2. RAI
3. ALO
4. HAM
5. WEB
6. GRO
7. MAS
8. BUT
9. SUT
10. RIC

Enjoy the race everyone

Gag

Thanks Mate!!!! Im getting ready to post my picks soon. Is Spudster still playing as well ? I missed the few races I missed. This is a lot of fun. Having a tough time picking who I think will win lol.

My top Ten for the Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest. As much as I hate to say or see it, I have to go with him for the win :(

1. Vettel - Red Bull
2. Hamilton - Mercedes
3. Raikkonen - Lotus
4. Grosjean - Lotus
5. Alonso - Ferrari
6. Rossburg - Mercedes
7. Webber - Red Bull
8. Massa - Ferrari
9. Ricciardo - Scuderia
10. Hulkenberg - Sauber

I gave Vettel the benefit of the doubt thinking he would grab Hamilton on the start and he did me wrong. Typical for Evilvetel lol.

Latest posts

Back