EZ8 8th MS 1/100

Mad Adam

I had a blast building the Heavy Arms endless waltz custom, and wanted to start another kit. Gregg Frank gave me his old airbrush and this will be my first kit with the use of an airbrush. I have the kit built, but I skipped the borring crap, assembly... Painting and detail work are more fun to me. Up to this point I have the kit primed, except for the leg armor panels. I applied some color to the kit and am very happy with it so far.

blurry pic of the pilot. I did alot of work on the cockpit chair and pilot the the chest covers him right up, but I know its there and looks badass.

pilot.jpg

I'm really happy with the way the chest came out. I masked off the center and the grey and blue look great. I did some dry brush on the engine areas. Tried to make them look a little dirty and oily.

chest.jpg

The head needs to be painted, but it still looks damn good so far.

head.jpg

The upper torso together...
body.jpg

The final colors are going to be Tamiya Deck Tan, and Buff. The blue was Tamiya Medium Blue. I put alot of battle damage on this kit and I cant wait until its primed and painted to start it. Lots of bullet holes and good stuff.

I want to add some camo to his weapon back pack, because to me that big white container just screams "Shoot me here!" I'll think of something.

I'm glad the airbrush is working out for you. Looks really good so far. Good luck on the camo! I don't think I'm ready to tackle something like that yet.

The color of these Gundam's has been one thing that has bothered me. A giant white mobile suit in a jungle does just shout SHOOT ME! Looking forward to the camo!

I'll do what I can with my limited knowledge and skill. I have alot of big ideas for this, but they might fall flat. Either way I'll have fun painting, then possibly re-painting.... Priming the legs tomorrow. More pics later in the week.

The leg armor panels are primed along with the weapons. I did notice that I didn't glue, press and sand the rocket launcher... Oh well, more work and thats why we prime right to see our mistakes and fix them. I modified the SMG on the right side. That's where I would think the shell casings will be ejected. I will make that area reflect that feature. I also drilled small holes in the barrel cover for heat sinks. Looks good so far. more pics later in the week.

Weaponsandlegs.jpg

Finally was able to put some colors down. I'm really liking the final colors. Deck Tan and medium blue look great. I still need to do some touch ups and do all my weathering and damage, but I do like this clean look for now.

predamage.jpg

betterlight.jpg

Weapons and backpack still need alot of work.

This is looking really good!!! I like the deck tan as opposed the buff which I was going to use on mine, I may have to head to the hobby shop and pick some up. Can't wait to see him all beaten up!. Great job so far!!

I was going with Buff originally and when I went back to buy another one, deck tan was in its place. I made an awesome mistake picking up that deck tan. It looks better to me.

I'm going to attempt the zippo fluid and enamel trick for detailing. I have flat black and flat brown. I think the brown might be a welcomed change. I have never used it before so this could end up being a mess. In that case I'll use gundam markers and be lazy. Either way it'll be like hotdogs, fun on a bun!

Finally some more pics. With the holidays and everything it was difficult to do anything. Made some progress but not done. Pics might not be the best quality, but its better than nothing.

noflash_zpsf1ea0c87.jpg
It still has the gloss coat, i need to hit it with the flat soon.

rightarm_zps65ac0ff0.jpg
I used water slide decals. Lost the decals that came with the model, I suck..., The decals were a pain to work with but they went on just fine. I do need to locate some decal solution so they set better. I used Tamiya glue, it worked...

arm_zps79eb031c.jpg
arm with bullet holes.

shield_zps276c6716.jpg

BEEFY!!!!!!!
Those bullet hits on the arm shield look great too!
Yeah, it'll be nice to see him with better lighting. :)

Lighting is bad. sorry about that... apartment has crappy light. I'll see what I can do in the next few days. I got a new airbrush and compressor for Christmas, and I've been really looking forward to using it. I used a single action airbrush and my new one is the dual action. I'm curious to see the difference. I need to finish the weapons still. Thanks for the nice words.

Looks pretty good. Under better light should look even better. If you can make that happen I would really like to see it.

Latest posts

Back