Evo X

Hulk

If you can't run it. Chrome it!
So here's my entry for this year contest:

Aoshima Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

I'm gonna go for a tuning version and I make a few changes. Since I got 2 Evo kit, I kitbash them to make this one a lefthand drive. Otherwise should be pretty simple, the kit is curbside and the floorpan as everything molded in it, so just a little extra detailling is ahead.

So for now, I got some bodywork done (there are really no moldlines on this one) I just got the holes for the front license plate fillout, since I'm not gonna use it.
And also I had to cut the footrest of the interior pan to move it from right to left.
Before

After

More to come

Also goodluck to everybody!

Oh yes! I'm gonna go for a gloss white paint job with black and carbon fiber accents.
Minimal but very effective.

Very cool. Been curious about Aeoshima kits for a little while now. Definitely be tuning in.

Got some done during the week-end. I manage to prime all the body parts and also paint all the interior components. Also I was trying carpeting for the first time and it turnout pretty well. At first it was a mess and I restart over 3 times and still wasn't sure about what it will look like, so here's the pic of just the glue with the embossing powder and it's not very promising
IMG_1618_zps7e82a572.jpg

But then I covered with tamiya spray can semi-gloss black and I was gladly suprised with the result
IMG_1621_zps90334255.jpg

Otherwise I'm moving foward to detail the interior and continue with the long and hard work that required the paint job for the body, and just to say aoshima did a great job with the molding, because there is absolutely no moldlines, I litterally had nothing to sand.

More to come

I built up a car for last years contest, and worked with flocking. It can be hard, and frustrating, but you got it right!

Nice. Id say success on that for sure

Thanks for the good words. Yes it was tricky but was worth it.
So I move on detailling the interior and the suspension(this last one should be pretty simple)
Pics should follow before the week-end.

Got pretty much all the interior done and ready for assembly. Only thing is that there is no decal for the navy screen, it would have been a nice addition.

IMG_1684_zps1d6c536e.jpg

Still working on the body (and I got a lot to do on it), otherwise the under of the car is coming along slowly.
More to follow.

Latest posts

Back